Page 207 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 1071571972052062072082092172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There's definitely something wrong with me.
    Paul, we've all been waiting for you to notice. The bourbon finally did its magic. Welcome to the club!

Wrong is wrong! The law needs to be changed...why say Trump is worse than Obama or Obama did it as well? Most agree, the federal law was established in 1997 by the Flores vs Reno case from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling. I’m pleased that we have an opportunity to fix this problem. Only question is, why has it taken 21 years for the press and politicians to see such a problem?

When I look at a teenager, who is guiding immigrants across the border, and is detained to prevent more of that activity...and then look at a 2 year old in his mother's arms...I see two different situations.

Also, good luck with this program:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/polit...int/index.html
    Public Reps, Paul!!!

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) on Tuesday dismissed a legislative proposal backed by Republican leaders to keep immigrant families together at the border, arguing that President Trump could fix the problem more easily with a flick of his pen.

“There are so many obstacles to legislation and when the president can do it with his own pen, it makes no sense,” Schumer told reporters. “Legislation is not the way to go here when it’s so easy for the president to sign it.”

Asked if that meant Democrats would not support a bill backed by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to keep immigrant families together while seeking asylum on the U.S. border, Schumer said they want to keep the focus on Trump.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...-border-crisis

It's almost as if this isn't about the kids at all for the Democrat politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post

It's almost as if this isn't about the kids at all for the Democrat politicians.
    Hey Chuck..

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post

It’s not. It’s in the Democrats best political interest for this issue to not be resolved so they can keep harping on Trump leading into the mid-term elections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When I look at a teenager, who is guiding immigrants across the border, and is detained to prevent more of that activity...and then look at a 2 year old in his mother's arms...I see two different situations.

Obviously there’s a difference, but what’s the cutoff of when a minor is old enough to be detained without a charge? 12? 15? 10?

The people crying foul are hypocrites because they only care when the kids in the pictures are cute and helpless. If they’re criminals, then charge them. If not then why hold them? Is due process just a technicality or something we believe in? Or only when it’s equitable?

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

Caf, like so many on the right, refuses to accept evidence when presented if it doesn't reinforce what they already "know" to be true. C'mon Caf, give us evidence to support your claim instead of simply making up shit.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Caf, like so many on the right, refuses to accept evidence when presented if it doesn't reinforce what they already "know" to be true. C'mon Caf, give us evidence to support your claim instead of simply making up shit.
    I don't think he's on the right. I think he's making the argument that we should care now, but that we should also have cared before.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I don't think he's on the right. I think he's making the argument that we should care now, but that we should also have cared before.
    Thank you booze. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

X-man if the left is going to keep trying to split hairs on this they’re going to end up proving Trump right. You’re either okay with us detaining minors under Obama and Trump or you’re against it under both or you’re a hypocrite. Making qualifications about it is a fools errand. The border is a gray area where officers have no clue which kid belongs to which adult, if they’re kidnapped, working with cartels or just coming over with Mom and Dad. Regardless, these are kids taken from their homes either by their parents or by cartels in the guide case. Detaining them alone without charge, regardless of what relationship they have with the adults they were with, is against fundamental rights of our country.