Page 2103 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 11031603200320532093210121022103
Results 21,021 to 21,026 of 21026

Thread: Politics Thread

“In jail” was probably a poor choice of words. Let’s say “convicted” instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    One thing that hasn't really been discussed is if there's a favorable Trump juror that could also make it through voir dire. Trump doesn't necessarily need a not guilty verdict, but if there's a hung jury he may end up skating after all.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Of course they reduced their capability. Sent tons of enriched uranium to other countries under the JCPOA.
    I don't expect you to know the facts, as the article you quoted left out so much of what really happened.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...es/IranNuclear

You might want to read that assessment from 2017 from one of our allies. It's a good overview of the pros and cons of the JCPOA.
    It notes that the last administration under Trump certified Iran's compliance twice, before backing out of the agreement.
    Excuse me if I will believe this expert individual who was actually in the arena in the Mideast cauldron, rather than an Australian article from outside the pot.
    The expert being- “ Michael Oren, formerly Israel’s ambassador to the United States, Knesset member, and deputy minister for diplomacy in the Israeli prime minister’s office.”

From the article- all of which is 100% true:

Rather than block Iran’s path to the bomb, the agreement solidly paved it by allowing Iran to retain most of its nuclear infrastructure and to continue producing ever more advanced centrifuges capable of reducing Iran’s breakout time to mere weeks. The deal put no meaningful restrictions on Iran’s missile delivery systems or its clandestine weapons programs. And even then, the largely cosmetic limitations were set to expire in less than a decade. Well before that time, though, Iran harnessed the deal’s financial and strategic rewards to expand its sphere of influence across Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon. So much for the responsible regional power.

Believe the man in the arena. A man from the US Most Important ally in the cauldron.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Perhaps you should read the actual report.
    Do you think the people who wrote it, and put it into action, made stuff up?
    His own party apologized for Oren's book on the deal.
    And if you bothered to just look a little, you'd see this article is littered with false statements.

For example: he notes
    by allowing Iran to retain most of its nuclear infrastructure and to continue producing ever more advanced centrifuges capable of reducing Iran’s breakout time to mere weeks.
    The truth is that Iran under the JCPOA:
    Before this agreement, Iran's breakout time -- or the time it would have taken for Iran to gather enough fissile material to build a weapon -- was only two to three months. Today, because of the Iran deal, it would take Iran 12 months or more. And with the unprecedented monitoring and access this deal puts in place, if Iran tries, we will know and sanctions will snap back into place.

Here's how we got to this point. Since October, Iran has:

Shipped 25,000 pounds of enriched uranium out of the country
    Dismantled and removed two-thirds of its centrifuges
    Removed the calandria from its heavy water reactor and filled it with concrete
    Provided unprecedented access to its nuclear facilities and supply chain
    Do a little work on your own. You'll find it helpful.
    Also remember Trump certified compliance for 2 years until he need a political football (hate all Obama things) to kick around.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

Do a little work on your own. You'll find it helpful.
    The king of cut and paste with another self-awareness fail. It's an SNL skit at this point.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

When legal bills start to mount, there's always NIL to raise money.
    The Trump campaign announced in a letter Politico obtained that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.