Page 118 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 18681081161171181191201281682186181118 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    But he took a huge kick to the nuts as a sitting president. I am saying that Sessions at the least should also have to take that huge kick to the nuts.
    I'll Rochambeau you for the AG position!
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Seems the Gorsuch confirmation hearing is going pretty well. I think Gorsuch is basically a shoo-in. He should be as pallateable to Democrats as Garland should have been to Republicans (they sure got bailed out by the election). I'm just following a WSJ live blog of the proceedings, but this is my favorite line so far:

"I try to live under a shell during the campaign season — watch baseball and football, go about my business," Mr. Gorsuch said about the 2016 presidential campaign.

Amen

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Seems the Gorsuch confirmation hearing is going pretty well. I think Gorsuch is basically a shoo-in. He should be as pallateable to Democrats as Garland should have been to Republicans (they sure got bailed out by the election). I'm just following a WSJ live blog of the proceedings, but this is my favorite line so far:

"I try to live under a shell during the campaign season — watch baseball and football, go about my business," Mr. Gorsuch said about the 2016 presidential campaign.
    What??? The Republicans (McConnell, Cruz, etc.) were already on record as saying they wouldn't let Hillary nominate anyone either. So much for the bogus argument that they stiffed the process last year to protect the will of the people. The hypocrisy of Republicans on this issue is positively nauseating.
    Amen
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Garland got hosed, not doubt. And it was complete bullshit.

All I'm saying on the "bailed out" is that eventually Hillary would have gotten her nominee in there, and he or she would have been much worse for Republicans than Garland would have been. Similarly, I think Dems should be on hands and knees thanking God Trump brought them Gorsuch instead of someone that would be much worse for them. Particularly since Trump (with the nuclear option) could have probably pushed through just about anyone.

Garland got hosed, not doubt. And it was complete bullshit.

All I'm saying on the "bailed out" is that eventually Hillary would have gotten her nominee in there, and he or she would have been much worse for Republicans than Garland would have been. Similarly, I think Dems should be on hands and knees thanking God Trump brought them Gorsuch instead of someone that would be much worse for them. Particularly since Trump (with the nuclear option) could have probably pushed through just about anyone.
    Much worse for "them". Much worse for us all.

I hate Trump but Gorsuch is eminently qualified for this position. I didn't like his dissent in the TransAm case but everyone gets one wrong once in a while.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Much worse for "them". Much worse for us all.
    Fair enough. Just as Hillary's pick would have been much worse for all of us than Garland.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I didn't like his dissent in the TransAm case
    Who the fuck is reading dissents in Circuit Court cases anyway? Strange hobby.

Amen
    Nominating Gorsuch might be the only thing Trump has done so far that I have liked. I don't think I'm exaggerating much, if it all, on that. I do think the Garland thing was straight-up bullshit though, particularly since it wasn't like Obama nominated some bleeding heart judge that he knew Republicans would hate.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Chicago Tribune had it 4,367. Stock market killing it today. Up 300 points and over 21,000
    Something (every financial indicator in the book) tells me your 401k is going to take a hit today. And it's Trump+Paul Ryan's fault.