Page 358 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2583083483563573583593603684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Brace yourselves. Executive orders are coming.
    I am curious here because of the offense Pubs took to Obama's EOs. If the Pubs love Trumps we know it's more hypocrisy.

I am curious here because of how Dems loved Obama's EOs. If Dems hate Trump's we know it's more hypocrisy.

Supporting Member
    Chuck Todd made an interesting and I believe very informative point last night. He said much like in 2016, Democrats won the popular vote, Republicans won the electoral college.

With who the Democrats candidates are now for 2020, I dont think they stand a chance against Trump.

I cannot fathom Trump being re-elected. Just cannot see how that is even a tiny possibility.

In fairness, I thought the same thing about him being elected in the first place...pretty much up until about 8:00 on the day he was elected.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I cannot fathom Trump being re-elected. Just cannot see how that is even a tiny possibility.

In fairness, I thought the same thing about him being elected in the first place...pretty much up until about 8:00 on the day he was elected.
    He may be the best marketer of all time, that's why. That and the fact that the economy is humming along. Now, if the economy does fall out sometime over the next few years, then all bets are off. Yet, if nothing changes and the complete moron that is Pelosi becomes speaker, trump will win in a landslide in two years.

I am curious here because of how Dems loved Obama's EOs. If Dems hate Trump's we know it's more hypocrisy.
    I am condemned even before I condemn any of his EOs, interesting. The difference here is that one side already derided Obama for them, the other isn't even given a chance.

That said, I would love to hear how Obama's EOs were so bad. Which ones and why? That DACA I get kind of, he allows children who were brought over illegally but who are actively trying to participate in our nation to stay. I could see how that could be perceived, but it goes with fact that Obama averaged more deportations per year than Trump has.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I am curious here because of the offense Pubs took to Obama's EOs. If the Pubs love Trumps we know it's more hypocrisy.
    Executive Orders have been abused by both parties. From what I understand, they’re intended more for internal administrative issues, not for going around Congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Two areas to watch in 2020 as far as the Presidential election will be the Rust Belt (Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania) and the Sun Belt (Florida, Georgia and North Carolina). It's theoretically possible for Trump to still win states like Ohio and Florida but still lose the election b/c of the aforementioned Rust Belt. Whoever gets the Democratic nomination will put a lot more time in those states this time around. Georgia and North Carolina are also states that go GOP more often than not, but they are no longer dead-red states.

The Senate map is going to be much more favorable for Democrats - they'll have one tough seat to defend (Todd Jones in Alabama) but Republicans have to defend seats in places like Colorado, Iowa, North Carolina, Maine and maybe Georgia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    At this point it's a vicious cycle where EO's and highly partisan policy justifies EO's and highly partisan policy from the other party.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    He may be the best marketer of all time, that's why. That and the fact that the economy is humming along. Now, if the economy does fall out sometime over the next few years, then all bets are off. Yet, if nothing changes and the complete moron that is Pelosi becomes speaker, trump will win in a landslide in two years.
    It really is incredible how he can position anything into a heads-I-win-tails-you-lose scenario. He has successfully made the narrative that any Republican that won last night was because the electorate was voting for Trump and any Republican that lost was because the electorate was voting against the Republican because s/he wasn't enough of a Trump supporter. So even in losing the house, somehow Trump won. And the worst part is that the media just follows along and repeats his talking points.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack