Page 233 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1331832232312322332342352432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

So Trump has appointed Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and the sun actually rose today contrary to some predictions. Maybe it's the day after he's confirmed that the world is supposed to actually end.

Love that Kavanaugh dropped a "Men for Others" into his speech last night.

Solid pick Mr President!

Anybody watching the Strzok hearing today? Yes it was just Reps and not Senators but his answers were telling. Telling in a sense that this country chooses to elect representatives that are dumber then a medium to high level FBI agent. They are a lot dumber.

Did his buddy Lisa Page decided to turn up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Did his buddy Lisa Page decided to turn up yet?
    I don’t know when or if she testifies. Reps look like fools. This is worse than what Clinton did to Chaffetz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I don't understand the position taken by Republicans that FBI agents are not allowed to have or state political views. This is, in effect, their position given the fact that an investigation of Strzok's behavior as an FBI employee was professional and free from bias. Trump and his allies seem hell-bent on turning our democracy into a totalitarian state.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I don't understand the position taken by Republicans that FBI agents are not allowed to have or state political views. This is, in effect, their position given the fact that an investigation of Strzok's behavior as an FBI employee was professional and free from bias.
    Thanks for the good laugh X-MAN. How can you be so obtuse?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I don't understand the position taken by Republicans that FBI agents are not allowed to have or state political views. This is, in effect, their position given the fact that an investigation of Strzok's behavior as an FBI employee was professional and free from bias. Trump and his allies seem hell-bent on turning our democracy into a totalitarian state.
    He isn't being obtuse, they are playing straight from the Roger Stone playbook. Attack, attack, attack, people will be too busy to focus on what matters and your supporters will eat it up.

It's brilliant, meanwhile the tax cuts aren't exactly lighting up the economy like they were purported to, and we are just beginning a trade war that is beyond stupid. None of those in the least will prop up the poor and middle class which would really boost the economy. Why bother, Pubs base is the massively rich. When we hit the next recession, which is coming sooner than you think, they will buy when blood is in the streets and poor and middle class get closer to servitude.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Thanks for the good laugh X-MAN. How can you be so obtuse?
    Explain. If you can't, then you're as bad as Trump and his apologists for trashing anyone who disagrees with you. Here's a link to an article today that might enlighten you about the sources of my "obtuseness". Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.32c8d5b588db.
    Last edited by X-man; 07-12-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    He isn't being obtuse, they are playing straight from the Roger Stone playbook. Attack, attack, attack, people will be too busy to focus on what matters and your supporters will eat it up.

It's brilliant, meanwhile the tax cuts aren't exactly lighting up the economy like they were purported to, and we are just beginning a trade war that is beyond stupid. None of those in the least will prop up the poor and middle class which would really boost the economy. Why bother, Pubs base is the massively rich. When we hit the next recession, which is coming sooner than you think, they will buy when blood is in the streets and poor and middle class get closer to servitude.
    Better keep clutching those pearls because the Pubs are going to be doing a whole lot of winning in November and once again in 2020.