Page 662 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 16256261265266066166266366467271276211621662 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I receive no less than 5 pieces of unwanted mail a day. During this election cycle I assume I will receive hundreds of unwanted political campaign ads. I do not think 2 additional pieces of incoming mail for my household and 2 additional pieces of outgoing mail is going to bring the USPS to its knees.

And yes, f*** showing up to a polling place during a pandemic. I will be voting mail.

*USPS claims on their average day they deliver 472 million pieces of mail (https://facts.usps.com/one-day/#:~:t...%20each%20day.).

There are 233.5 million voting age individuals in the US (https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...ng-tables.html)

So if 100% of all eligible voters were mailed a ballot and 100% of them returned it it would equal an increase to the USPS of less than 1 day of mail.
    So incredibly shortsighted

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I receive no less than 5 pieces of unwanted mail a day. During this election cycle I assume I will receive hundreds of unwanted political campaign ads. I do not think 2 additional pieces of incoming mail for my household and 2 additional pieces of outgoing mail is going to bring the USPS to its knees.

So if 100% of all eligible voters were mailed a ballot and 100% of them returned it it would equal an increase to the USPS of less than 1 day of mail.

LOL...you're comparing junk mail and the steps it takes to process it, to a certified vote for the president of the USA. Yeah...that's apples to apples. Volume is only a small part of the burden. Think broader...
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    LOL...you're comparing junk mail and the steps it takes to process it, to a certified vote for the president of the USA. Yeah...that's apples to apples. Volume is only a small part of the burden. Think broader...
    Just send the ballots standard presort to STL_XUfan or current resident.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    It seems the NRA might be a big grift, like Trump U and Trump Foundation.
    or Planned Parenthood or the Clinton Foundation

I don't think either of them has been taken to court and forced to return money to donors.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

It seems the NRA might be a big grift, like Trump U and Trump Foundation.
    What do you think Trump U actually was?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    What do you think Trump U actually was?
    A scam "university"? I think you were suppose to learn some real estate secrets...but it was a typical grift.
    Hope you got your money back if you paid any. Not everyone did.

I see where Joe Biden is apparently "against God" and will "hurt the Bible" A person who doesn't go to church just said that about a practicing Catholic.

Supporting Member
    A scam "university"? I think you were suppose to learn some real estate secrets...but it was a typical grift.

I see where Joe Biden is apparently "against God" and will "hurt the Bible" A person who doesn't go to church just said that about a practicing Catholic.
    Biden and trump are both nuts for different reasons...either way, this is seriously the decision we have..idiocracy is becoming more real by the day
    Last edited by Xville; 08-06-2020 at 06:13 PM.

It was a real estate seminar with Trump’s brand on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

So now Biden is an old, white male, Bible thumper who encourages folks to buy shotguns (he has). Com’ on man.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    It was a real estate seminar with Trump’s brand on it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Well, that sure explains why he paid $25 million to the seminar participants.

Attacking Biden's religion, when he goes to church and you don't, seems like the act of a desperate candidate.