Page 665 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 16556561565566366466566666767571576511651665 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 21037

Thread: Politics Thread

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Well you see, Harris is a Rorschach test. Show her to one person and they see the leader of Anti-fa while another may see her beating down anti-fa members with a billy club. It is all really in the eye of the beholder.
    Wall Street disagrees with X Factor. See https://www.wsj.com/articles/kamala-...d=hp_lead_pos4.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I recently sent a priority mail package to my grandson for his birthday. Thanks to the "no joy" postmaster it took 11 days and arrived 3 days late. Sat 10 miles away in Kennesaw, Ga. for 5 days. The card came in 12 days. Can't believe we are allowing this crap to happen in the US.
    I ordered some blades from Harry's. They took over two weeks to come. What was strange was the fact that they took an indirect route to get to Cincinnati, in about a week, and then headed up to Chicago for a few days before returning to Cincinnati. Some face masks we ordered from California took over three weeks even though they left California within a day or two after we ordered them.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Yet many on here believe mail in voting is no big deal. I'm all for it if you are physically unable to, you should be given that option, or if you have a previous condition.

The usps is severely understaffed and overworked right now ( anecdotal but spoke with my mail carrier last week and he has been double and triple routed for weeks due to layoffs and mismanagement) and like most government run organizations is managed terribly. Yet again, people want the government to run the most important thing in their lives, their health. All of it just is mindboggling to me why someone wants the government more in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yet many on here believe mail in voting is no big deal. I'm all for it if you are physically unable to, you should be given that option, or if you have a previous condition.

The usps is severely understaffed and overworked right now ( anecdotal but spoke with my mail carrier last week and he has been double and triple routed for weeks due to layoffs and mismanagement) and like most government run organizations is managed terribly. Yet again, people want the government to run the most important thing in their lives, their health. All of it just is mindboggling to me why someone wants the government more in their lives.
    It's almost like we have a completely inept government right now.

I actually happen to be friends with the Postmaster of a very large (top 5) US City. They are definitely having major problems right now, but it isn't because they suddenly forgot how to run themselves after years and years. They are being dismantled from the top down.

It's a great argument for small government, though I suppose. Elect the biggest idiot you can find and then use that as evidence that the government can't be trusted to run anything.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

Also underfunded thanks to "dear Leader".

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Also underfunded thanks to "dear Leader".
    Hilarious how you lefties twist things. As if the usps was a model organization before trump became president, hysterical. Maybe they should just throw money at it, right? Apparently there is just an endless supply of money...free tuition, reparations, free healthcare, free everything for illegals.
    Last edited by Xville; 08-13-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    It's almost like we have a completely inept government right now.

I actually happen to be friends with the Postmaster of a very large (top 5) US City. They are definitely having major problems right now, but it isn't because they suddenly forgot how to run themselves after years and years. They are being dismantled from the top down.

It's a great argument for small government, though I suppose. Elect the biggest idiot you can find and then use that as evidence that the government can't be trusted to run anything.
    Please.....government hasnt run anything well since the 80s..long before trump took office. You trump haters just cant help yourselves can you?

Trump appointed a moron to dismantle the Post office so he can cut down on the expected avalanche of mail ballots during the covid crisis. So, yeah, he's a dumbass.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Trump appointed a moron to dismantle the Post office so he can cut down on the expected avalanche of mail ballots during the covid crisis. So, yeah, he's a dumbass.
    And he has admitted precisely that. He's also said on more than one occasion that if universal mail-in ballots were allowed, Republicans would never win majorities in Washington.

Most democracies do what they can to make voting (for all their citizens) as easy as possible.
    Primarily by having a voting holiday, or weekend voting.
    Mailing in ballots seems prudent during a pandemic, as an addition to in person voting.
    To openly state you'll block funding because it might help mail in voting seems to be the antithesis of democracy to me.
    I'm just saddened that we have a president with this sort of approach to a fundamental part of our government.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.