Page 992 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 49289294298299099199299399410021042109214921992 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDownDBrown View Post
    ridiculously overpriced private education.
    You realize this is a Xavier messageboard, right? You may not be wrong....but not really the place.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Sorry, I had been noting the good Fox straight news people. Here for example was Chris Wallace today:

I was watching the laying of the wreath at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. For me always a moving time.
    Many of the former presidents attended with the new president. Clinton, Obama and George W. Bush.
    The immediate past president was noticeable by his absence.
    Kamala and her husband did the honors of seeing Mike Pence and his wife off from the Capitol, and normally the last president would have been accorded this honor.
    Agree with you here but Trump didn’t attend so the soldiers at Arlington could be spared the loyalty check (sarc).

Supporting Member
    How very republican of you to only care about your own personal wealth and not give a shit about anyone else. Screw all those poor kids who don't have a grandpa to pay for their ridiculously overpriced private education.
    uh.........yikes

All-Conference
    How very republican of you to only care about your own personal wealth and not give a shit about anyone else. Screw all those poor kids who don't have a grandpa to pay for their ridiculously overpriced private education.
    I also find it very amusing how people like to make believe they put all of these people in front of themselves.

Of course everyone looks after themselves (and their family) first.

Oh good lord. You DO realize it's entirely possible to celebrate your own prosperity and still care about others, right? It seems to me that his post is about sharing his wealth with his family members, so the whole 'not giving a shit about anyone else' really doesn't apply.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Wait grandparents pay for education? Damn I missed out having to get student loans and repay that. A lot of people qualify for financial aid, I did not. Had to foot the entire bill.

I've been stuffing money in 529's for 4 grandkids. They are doing way better than I am. Love the V.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I don't really know the extent to which I think that the news is pushing a narrative or agenda - I think you are giving them too much credit. They are just marketing to their base, and they no longer care about accuracy or integrity because nobody really holds them accountable for it. It's a business, and sensationalism sells a lot better than facts do. On both sides, of course.

I blame the 24hr news cycle, mostly. The news used to be limited programming focused on (generally) reporting what happened. When cable exploded and 24hr cable news became 'a thing' they first started airing House of Representatives sessions on C-span all day. Nobody wanted to watch those. Then they found their secret sauce: Op Ed television programming. Now you can watch Van Jones crying about whatever the injustice of the day is. If that's not your flavor flip on over to Hannity and he'll get you so fired up about his outrage du jour that you'll probably need to pop and extra beta blocker or two.
    Agree with this especially the op eds and 24 hour news cycle. Am I giving them too much credit? I don’t know.

As I have stated numerous times on this thread, it’s not really about the reported content itself biased, it’s about what MSM (excluding cable) decides to investigate and report on. Hence their agenda.

Just look at the number of minutes devoted to one story vs others. Let’s take Hunter Biden’s Federal investigation that started in 2018. Are you telling me nobody knew about this until Hunter came out in December to let the press know? How many minutes were devoted to this story?

I get he’s just the son of our new President, but what did Joe know and when did he know about it. A nice percentage of people polled said this news would’ve changed their vote. Instead we get from Hunter and the campaign denial of any wrongdoing or “unsubstantiated claims” from the press. Heck how many times has Joe been asked this since this story was released in early December? I think once by a Fox reporter.

If a Republican or family member were being investigated for possible corruption during a political campaign? Do think the reporting would’ve been different? Or get the cupcake treatment, “we believe them, nothing to see here and time to move on?” Nope wall to wall coverage with tons of evening minutes as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I've been stuffing money in 529's for 4 grandkids. They are doing way better than I am. Love the V.
    I don't/won't have grandkids but I'm putting money aside for nieces/nephews so they have drinking money each semester at College!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    How dare you! The Gov’t could’ve used that money to keep the seas from rising.