Page 1368 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 368868126813181358136613671368136913701378141814681868 ... LastLast
Results 13,671 to 13,680 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    As far as CNN, maybe you forgot about the Smartmatic 2.7 billion suit against FOX NEWS, Maria Barfiromo, Loser Dobbs and Rudy (my hair is bleeding) Guliano. The Judge cited comments by Carlson in approving the suit to proceed.
    Dominion is also suing FOX for 1.6 bln. No chump change.
    Only approved to “proceed”. Big Deal. That’s what courts are for. Let’s see a decision.
    Fox isn’t scaredy-cat settling, unlike the Washed Post & CNN.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yeah, good luck with the NY jury.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Yeah, good luck with the NY jury.
    Oh. Way to admit that courts in blue states are biased and kangaroo in nature.
    Sounds awfully like a “Threat to Democracy”.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And now Paul is saying that the US system of justice is trash, because the one side that he supports couldn’t prove and convince a judge what Paul delusionally believes.
    I don't believe you can point to where I've said the US system of justice is trash.Perhaps that is delusional?

There was a court case where Carlson was sued for libel. As he himself notes, he lies all the time.
    The judge notes he lies. The judge said reasonable people should know he is lying. So, because reasonable people should know he's a liar, I think the case was dismissed.

That's not all that hard to understand.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

This appears to be a 7 figure payout.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/fox-paid...003236858.html

Meanwhile, how about news for conversation at the adult table.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/wash...ution-may-lead

If supplies of DEF get anywhere close to 50% availability, this economy will be unrecognizable in 2023. The impact on our modern Semi Truck fleet and rail system, coupled with the diesel equipment necessary to run our essential agriculture infrastructure, creates the perfect storm for massive food shortages and epic inflation. This is going to get very nasty folks.

At the same time, we have an Administration that is making ZERO attempt to be proactive and both houses of Congress are overly influenced by the New Green Deal wackos that literally want to destroy the fossil fuel industry. Want to reduce carbon emissions? Allow a necessary diesel fuel additive to become in short supply. Want Billy Bob's truck and Soccer Mom's SUV off the road? Allow price at the pump to become so high they stay parked.

The only solution is a return to Trump energy policies, but these idiots are far too invested in the opposite.....they are past the point of no return. Economy be damned.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-13-2022 at 04:24 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I don't believe you can point to where I've said the US system of justice is trash.Perhaps that is delusional?

There was a court case where Carlson was sued for libel. As he himself notes, he lies all the time.
    The judge notes he lies. The judge said reasonable people should know he is lying. So, because reasonable people should know he's a liar, I think the case was dismissed.

That's not all that hard to understand.
    Yeah. The case was dismissed, and you are pissed that Carlson wasn’t nailed. That’s not hard to understand.
    You can call Carlson a “liar” in your delusion all you want. The court system said otherwise.
    To wit:
    U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary
    Good for the Judge. She actually gives the American public credit enough for the ability to discern for themselves.

CNN DID lie in the case of Nicholas Sandman. And they paid big time.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-13-2022 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This appears to be a 7 figure payout.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/fox-paid...003236858.html
    Congratulations. You dug and finally found something I did not. A Fox misreporting about Hilary’s dirty inner circle. The original topic was about networks libeling people. This wasn’t a case of libel, but whatever.
    By the way. Fox fired the reporter of that story-Zimmerman. Yet CNN still employs Jake Tapper after his Avanetti episodes. Huh.
    And how about the recent revelation in the Sussman trial of Hilary lying about her complicit role in foisting out the Russian Conspiracy theory to begin with? Plenty of dirt there. It seems after the facts came out about the debunked Steele Dossier, Fox’s assertion that there was a story there that “might expose the single biggest fraud, lies, perpetrated on the American people by the media and the Democrats in our history.” was true, but Fox had aimed their fire in the wrong direction, so they paid. Who’s gonna pay Donald Trump for all the lies spread about him on CNN and MSNBC among others?
    I guess politics is a dirty business on both sides!! Shocking!
    By the way. Where is your cause celeb boy Tucker Carlson in that Fox settlement since he seems to be your obsession of the day??
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-13-2022 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    You can call Carlson a “liar” in your delusion all you want.
    Do you suppose Tucker is similarly deluded about whether or not he's a liar? Is he lying when he says he's a liar? So confusing.

Fox News’s Tucker Carlson admitted he sometimes lies when he is “really cornered or something” in a new interview with “The Rubin Report” published Sunday.
    “I lie. If I’m really cornered or something, I lie.

I wonder if any of the congressmen (or women), who it is indicated asked the President for a pardon, are the same ones who refuse to testify to the January 6th Committee? That might explain a lot.