Page 416 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3163664064144154164174184264665169161416 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I'm sure they'd agree that this isn't the same. DJT has called elections into question and has made reference to serving more than two terms.
    Even if he keeps saying this, how would he manage to serve a 3rd term? The Constitution won’t allow it. I guess he could run as the VP, get elected on that ticket, and then have the newly elected President resign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Even if he keeps saying this, how would he manage to serve a 3rd term? The Constitution won’t allow it. I guess he could run as the VP, get elected on that ticket, and then have the newly elected President resign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good lord, don't give him any ideas.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Today's Twitter Treasure: People explaining concentration camps....to the Holocaust Museum.

So, what do we think of the attached: https://www.yahoo.com/news/civil-war...100010457.html
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    So, what do we think of the attached: https://www.yahoo.com/news/civil-war...100010457.html
    Sounds like someone who has picked her (sorry to assume gender) side in said civil war.

When the Republicans had their little civil war, we got Trump.

Sanders Proposes to Wipe Out All Student Debt With Funds Raised From Wall Street - WSJ

If you ever want to see Elizabeth Warren look reasonable, put her next to Bernie Sanders.

Mr. Sanders’s plan, which he introduced alongside Reps. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) and Pramila Jayapal (D., Wash.) on Monday, would erase all existing student debt, including private and graduate-school loans. Mr. Sanders would pay for the canceled debt with a new tax he is proposing on stock, bond and derivatives trades, which his office projected would raise $2.4 trillion over a decade.
    Earlier this spring, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.), who appeals to many of the same liberal voters as Mr. Sanders, unveiled a plan to cancel a large chunk of existing student debt. Her proposal, which would cost $640 billion, would offer assistance to people with incomes up to $100,000 and cap loan forgiveness at $50,000 per person.

One thing no one is asking Sanders or Warren is what they plan on doing for future student loan debt after they forgive existing debt. Tuition will still be too high and new students will be taking out more loans to pay for their college education. Do they have to pay their loans back, or does the government plan to forgive all future debt, too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

It's amazing the ideas people have for other peoples money.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    One thing no one is asking Sanders or Warren is what they plan on doing for future student loan debt after they forgive existing debt. Tuition will still be too high and new students will be taking out more loans to pay for their college education. Do they have to pay their loans back, or does the government plan to forgive all future debt, too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Except they are asking, it just didn't make the cut on headlines.

From Sanders:

"Sanders’ legislation pairs the sweeping loan forgiveness proposal with tuition-free public college, which the Vermont independent first made popular during the 2016 presidential campaign. The legislation aims to eliminate tuition at public colleges for all students — and it provides new funding for low-income students to help pay living expenses and tuition at some private institutions that serve large numbers of minority students.
    But many students—such as those attending graduate school or private undergraduate colleges—will still need to borrow money to finance their education. Those students, or their parents, would borrow money from the federal government at a much lower cost under Sanders’ plan. His legislation caps the interest rate on all types of new federal student loans at 1.88 percent. The current rate on new federal student loans ranges from about 4.5 percent to about 7 percent, depending on the type of loan."
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...s-plan-1296863

"If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Maybe the universities should give the money back since they apparently didn't do their job.