Page 1350 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 350850125013001340134813491350135113521360140014501850 ... LastLast
Results 13,491 to 13,500 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Note: They never stopped. “Naturally hid their efforts”. What the hell respectable country does that Paul, unless they are going to be aggressors?? Holy Toledo!!

What a Masterclass of naiveity and Misinformation. Comparing Iran favorably to North Korea is not exactly the thing that you should be doing. But you do you.
    If you watched a foreign country invade your neighbor, who called you part of the axis of evil...you would be worried about being invaded and hide you efforts.
    My comparison of Iran to N. Korea was to show they have many more resources (oil) thank N. Korea so are more able to weather sanctions.
    N. Korea had sanctions and developed a nuclear weapon. Sanctions aren't stopping Iran.
    We had a chance with the JCPOA and inspections.
    (here I refrain from name calling as it is not productive to understanding of the issues.)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Another cruel irony to take place this weekend - the annual NRA convention will be in Houston. Nothing good is going to come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If you watched a foreign country invade your neighbor, who called you part of the axis of evil...you would be worried about being invaded and hide you efforts.
    This such false equivalence bullshit.
    A) Iran *should* have been cheering on an American *Invasion* of it’s neighbor. A *neighbor* who was a rival (Iraq Sunni/Iran Shiite) and had buried over 400,000 Shia in mass graves in its borders. No need for nuclear development vs America because of that.
    B) The “Invasions” were done by Iran into Iraq. Remember their war in the 1980’s? Then “Invasions” were done by Iraq into Kuwait. None of those “turf wars” over religion have anything to do with Iran blatantly developing a nuclear weapon to mass destruct the world. NOTHING.
    C) The center of the “Axis of Evil” is Iran as shown by it’s Henchman Soleimani who Trump had, rightly, assassinated. Soleimani was aligned and a big assistor to Hezbolla in Lebanon, all to destroy Israel. Soleimani was also messing around in Iraq- where he was assasinated.
    The fact is that NONE of that has anything to do with Iran’s overwhelming desire for nuclear weapons- a need on which work continued unabated during the JCPOA and confirmed in previous posts by me.
    Iran is also a big Russian ally Paul and still cries “Death to America” “Death to Israel” and continues proxy fights in Yemen vs Saudi Arabia.
    Your continued water carrying for the world’s biggest Terror State because your idol Barack was wrong, and Biden now is too, is disturbing in its malfeasance.
    Iran has not and cannot be trusted and the JCPOA caters to them as detailed by numerous Middle East experts. There was no chance with the JCPOA because Iran never had the intent to comply, just deceive.
    Your ludicrous exhausting (false) defenses have reached their end.

Oh, by the way. You seem to think that Sanctions don’t work. Since that is the case I suppose you want Biden to send physical troops in to Ukraine vs Russia? Your boy Biden is all about Sanctions but I guess you think that is not the way to go vs Iran and Russia, huh? Just some empty ass “Agreement” with zero teeth.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 05-25-2022 at 08:55 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Your "proof" was from documents that referred to activity in 2003. Not after the agreement was implemented.
    Sanctions are effective in hurting an economy (see N. Korea). They don't stop nuclear weapon development (see N. Korea).
    They are used with other tools, like diplomacy and joint efforts with allies. We are providing a lot of military support (short of boots on the ground) to Ukraine. We are not counting on sanctions alone to stop Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Your "proof" was from documents that referred to activity in 2003. Not after the agreement was implemented.
    Sanctions are effective in hurting an economy (see N. Korea). They don't stop nuclear weapon development (see N. Korea).
    They are used with other tools, like diplomacy and joint efforts with allies. We are providing a lot of military support (short of boots on the ground) to Ukraine. We are not counting on sanctions alone to stop Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
    I’m sick of your water carrying for the largest Terror State in the World and your ludicrous support for a murderous regime who wants to destroy the US and Israel. Are you Anti Semitic? The JCPOA wasn’t just with the US, Paul. It was with the members of the US Security Council, Germany and the European Union. The fact that the US pulled out didn’t negate it’s terms, but Iran kept violating the terms because that had never complied with them in the first place!! It’s a rogue state and always has been. You have blood on your hands Paul for stubbornly supporting a terrible deal because you have to protect your idol Obama.
    Here are plenty of other articles that prove your wrongheaded lunacy. Enough.

https://thehill.com/opinion/national...-the-deal/amp/

https://www.heritage.org/middle-east...together-again

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...n-of-the-jcpoa

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...-deal-71090757

https://warontherocks.com/2015/10/fi...ally-bad-idea/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/589828002/

Since you think that Iran is so Trustworthy Paul, why don’t you just move there? I’m sure your experience will be exquisite.

I carry no water for Iran. Your links proved only that they re-started their program after the US pulled out, and re-imposed sanctions.
    Or they were opinions from non-scientists.

My brother worked for 40 years in arms control in the US State Department, and the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, and now advises the Vatican at the UN on arms control issues. He is a physicist by training, and well versed in the inspection/verification regimes...especially the science end.
    My understanding of many of these issues comes from hours of discussions with him.

I don't support Iran or any of its murderous stances, especially as to Israel. I do support any efforts to lower the risk of nuclear war, especially having new states obtaining nuclear weapons. The JCPOA saw a lowering of nuclear stockpiles. Trump pulled out, and they are now increasing. Not good for the world.

I carry no water for Iran. Your links proved only that they re-started their program after the US pulled out, and re-imposed sanctions.
    Or they were opinions from non-scientists.

My brother worked for 40 years in arms control in the US State Department, and the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, and now advises the Vatican at the UN on arms control issues. He is a physicist by training, and well versed in the inspection/verification regimes...especially the science end.
    My understanding of many of these issues comes from hours of discussions with him.

I don't support Iran or any of its murderous stances, especially as to Israel. I do support any efforts to lower the risk of nuclear war, especially having new states obtaining nuclear weapons. The JCPOA saw a lowering of nuclear stockpiles. Trump pulled out, and they are now increasing. Not good for the world.
    What about the rest of the world who was part of the Agreement Paul? Don’t they mean anything to Iran or the Agreement? Trump was only one part of it.
    Why was it structured so it wasn’t a Treaty that had to be passed by Congress. You ignore all those points.
    You continue to carry water for a Murderous Regime that promotes destruction.
    I’m done with this discussion. Go live in Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Another cruel irony to take place this weekend - the annual NRA convention will be in Houston. Nothing good is going to come out of this.
    CASH. That's what is good for republicans. They go to refill their coffers. Romney gets 13m. Do you think he will ever vote for gun control? They go down to Houston to kiss the ring and load up on blood money.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...uvalde-1710332
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    CASH. That's what is good for republicans. They go to refill their coffers. Romney gets 13m. Do you think he will ever vote for gun control? They go down to Houston to kiss the ring and load up on blood money.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...uvalde-1710332
    I got a question for you Bobbie. Who controls the House, Senate and White House right now? They could pass any law they want with zero Republican votes.
    Why don’t THEY?????????????????????

I’ll hang up and listen.

One last thing on Iran. This is treasonous.
    Send Kerry and Obama to jail.

https://aclj.org/government-corrupti...administration