Page 343 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2432933333413423433443453533934438431343 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    You write many things at different times and in different ways: "Him employing a lot of women/having female friends was one of his go-to defenses in dismissing Ford's claims and it's obviously nonsense."
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It's great and something nice to see in the court. I only find it to be insignificant as it applies to the allegations.
    You can swap out 'insignificant' with 'nonsensical' if that makes my point clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, what's concerning about an admitted liberal expressing his opinion?

The only part of what he wrote that wasn't drivel was this:

Over the past decade, Kavanaugh has been a casual acquaintance. He seemed a gentle, quiet, reserved man, always solicitous of the dignity of his position as a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

The man's long, dignified track record - his substantial body of work - is my point of focus in all this, not his reaction to a pathetic attempt at ruining his life.

The dean's opinion is worthless.
    Dilly dilly. Well said Dash.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Nikki Haley resigning is too bad. I doubt Trump will do better with her replacement. And I wonder what Nikki will do next. Run for President in 2024? Can't see her trying to primary Trump. Perhaps Trump won't run in 2020? That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Nikki Haley resigning is too bad. I doubt Trump will do better with her replacement. And I wonder what Nikki will do next. Run for President in 2024? Can't see her trying to primary Trump. Perhaps Trump won't run in 2020? That would be nice.
    Obviously there is now a mountains worth of speculation that this is related to Kavanaugh.

I liked Haley a lot. Big loss for Trump.
    2023 Sweet 16

Turkish Officials Say Khashoggi Was Killed on Order of Saudi Leadership - NYT

Fifteen Saudi agents had arrived on two charter flights last Tuesday, the day Mr. Khashoggi disappeared, the official said.

All 15 left just a few hours later, and Turkey has now identified the roles that most or all of them held in the Saudi government or security services, the official said. One was an autopsy expert, presumably there to help dismember the body, the official said.
    At what point do we stand up to Saudi Arabia?

Maybe Trump fires Sessions after the election, and puts Graham in as AG.
    That would allow governor of South Carolina to slot Haley in to replace Graham in the Senate.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    At what point do we stand up to Saudi Arabia?
    Saudi Arabia is the worst actor in the region...other than everyone else in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Saudi Arabia is the worst actor in the region...other than everyone else in the region.
    1 Iran
    2 Syria
    3 Saudi Arabia?
    4 Turkey?

I know we officially count them as an ally, but like you point out it's definitely just that they're the lesser of evils.
    Last edited by Caf; 10-10-2018 at 08:36 AM.

How incredibly convenient that after Kavanaugh gets confirmed, Ms. Blasey Ford has no desire to pursue any further action- criminal or otherwise?
    This after, there was no corroboration/backup/confirmation...errrrr PROOF that her allegations were anything more than a loud screaming attempt to derail a good man's reputation and life path.
    Oh and after all the Go Fund Me pages had raised over $827,000 for Ford and Quote "We are working with all the Campaign organizers and guarantee the funds raised will be transferred directly to the Ford family" Go Fund Me spokeswoman Catherine Cichy told Market Watch".
    Pretty nice chunk of change "for the family" (and ostensibly for her trash shark attorneys) as a result of a made up, fairy tale of unproven status, and a couple of hour TV appearance.

So damn interesting that A) Ford's Mother & Father, usually the first people to defend a Daughter, never said ANYTHING on her behalf/support through this whole thing. B) Her helicoptering lawyers never produced any of the supporting docs from the Therapist or the Lie Detector test that they were claiming would prove her story, despite being ordered to by the Judiciary Committee.

"Hey, we were just kidding. Leave us alone now".

Gawd I hope some intrepid young aggressive investigative reporter can somehow get his or her hands on the docs and get to the real story. I also really hope that Pelosi's gambit blows up in her Bitter Beer Face. Be careful, when you invoke the "Freedom of Information Act". It can have very unintended consequences.

Meanwhile, I can't wait until Amy Coney Barrett is the next nominee. What kind of dirt will the Left try to dig up on a wife, Mom-of-Seven-Kids? Prolly that she went to Notre Dame. Shocking!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell