Page 155 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 551051451531541551561571652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

You know that Trump played 16 years of sports and went to military school, then evaded for a bone scrap on his tootsie. I'll take the guys who served.
    2023 Sweet 16

Yeesh.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 08-15-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Run the table.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that Donald Trump believes that white people are superior to all other people. I know it's a big leap, but let's make that assumption (all in sarcasm font). If so, then how colossally stupid is he? He has to know that these types of statements will never fly, but he just makes them. Again and again. So, even if, for WHATEVER reason, you voted for this pathetic person, you have to acknowledge that he is clearly the stupidest, most idiotic president that this country has ever had. If your agenda is hate, you have to know that you can't acknowledge it so openly, right? Especially as a politician, unless you're a total idiot. I just don't get it. Or is this country no better now than it was 150 years ago? Or even 50? I can only hope that this type of language will finally be the thing that makes Congress get it and come together. This has to stop. Crazy times.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Trump is a political buffoon, but he also isn't exactly wrong here. The white nationalists are pieces of shit. Some of the people who came to counter-protest aren't much if any better, quite frankly. The alt-right and antifa can both get fucked.

The only people coming out of this looking good in my eyes (and they're getting a ton of shit) are the ACLU. Bravo to them for their consistency in standing up for the civil liberties of ALL Americans. Even the ones they despise.

I'm reminded why it is not good to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Trump is a political buffoon, but he also isn't exactly wrong here. The white nationalists are pieces of shit. Some of the people who came to counter-protest aren't much if any better, quite frankly.
    Even if you take this angle you have to acknowledge that Trump is wrong to even try and clarify the situation. Someone died at the hands of a white supremacist, there is no need for the President of our country to play devil's advocate here. Express your sympathy to the deceased and their family, condemn violence, call for peace and shut up. That person didn't die because the counter protest got out of hand. Sure there were brawls and assaults both ways, but there was one person who crossed the line to terrorism and intentionally took a life. It's by the grace of God that he didn't take more. He must've hit 10 people at least.

Also your angle is absolute bull. We all know this man and his insistence on calling out violence "for what it is" when it's convenient for his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Even if you take this angle you have to acknowledge that Trump is wrong to even try and clarify the situation.
    That's why I said he's a political buffoon. He can "not be wrong" and still be saying something he shouldn't. Does him no good.

I tell my kids there's a time and a place for things. This was not the time nor the place for Trump to go off on the left wing wackos. He's had ample chance to do so, and if he had come out at the beginning and denounced the rally there would have been enough distance that he could have easily denounced the yahoos who took down the monument - notwithstanding the unintentional comedy of people trying to kick the statue. When someone dies it's not really a good idea to lead with "yeah, but."

Neither he nor anyone else in his inner circle have any concept of context.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Neither he nor anyone else in his inner circle have any concept of context.
    No, some of them do.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/8...153835570.html
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That's why I said he's a political buffoon. He can "not be wrong" and still be saying something he shouldn't. Does him no good.
    I read that part, still disagree. It is inaccurate to point to counter protests and "many sides", because they didn't put the pedal to the metal into a group of people. Unless his point is they are partly responsible because they were there in the first place? In which case he is still wrong. He's wrong literally as well as ethically/morally, and yes, politically.