Page 120 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 21187

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    I wasn't addressing anything other than that the interest in this issue isn't just the Democrats.
    I've had a lot of respect for John McCain over the years, but Since 2008, John has basically turned into a bitter old man, like a lot of these career politicians from both sides of the aisle do. He can bitch all he wants, but show me some evidence.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yeah, and what......has......been......found.....after 5 months? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    Again, they haven't concluded the investigation and so we don't know what they've found.

No chatter on here about Tillerson saying he saw no reason to deal with Assad, then days later Assad gasses the rebels, Trump follows that up by blaming Obama. MAGA am I right?

We had 8 years of Obama, and Assad is still there. After however many years of Trump, Assad will still be there unless he dies of natural causes or Russia decides they don't like him (unlikely). Isn't this sort of like blaming the next suicide bomber in Israel (which will be along soon enough) on Trump or Obama?

Anyway, I'm more interested in the Gorsuch thing. It's fascinating how this is playing out. I mean, the nuclear option is going to happen based on two of the least controversial nominees in history (Garland and Gorsuch). America is looney tunes right now.

Sophomore
    That gassing footage (nerve gas?) is brutal. Just brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    That gassing footage (nerve gas?) is brutal. Just brutal.
    Yes. Yes it is. That is just pure evil. I really don't know what, if anything, we can/should do about it. As human beings it seems like something we should intervene in, but there aren't a lot of examples in which our intervention has resulted in a material change for the better in that region. If we depose Assad he is likely to be replaced by a similarly malevolent dictator.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    If we depose Assad he is likely to be replaced by a similarly malevolent dictator.
    While we're at war with Russia

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    While we're at war with Russia
    I'm not sure if I completely believe that it would start a war with Russia, but that would definitely be a big risk. It doesn't seem to matter since they are our BFF's now so I doubt we are going to do anything that they might not like.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm not sure if I completely believe that it would start a war with Russia, but that would definitely be a big risk. It doesn't seem to matter since they are our BFF's now so I doubt we are going to do anything that they might not like.
    Well, if you believe the Trump hating pundits we're BFF's with Russia. I beg to doubt that.

Fact of the matter is that Russia hated the Clintons. They wanted no part of a Clinton Presidency, although with Hilary's track record of failure as a Secretary of State, I doubt that anything other than appeasement would have occurred during her term. Hell, they were parties to a huge Uranium deal that benefitted the Ruskies. It can be argued that it is not healthy at all for the two biggest armed states in the world to be hating each other. Maybe a little more detente might be healthy, but that would only fuel the fires of the Left who'd be pointing fingers while saying, "You See, You See?" They LOVE each other"
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Trump lies 75% of the time, so let me know which ONE of his next 4 statements to believe.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 04-05-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16