Page 584 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 8448453457458258358458558659463468410841584 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Ah yes. Something that has nothing to do with the peaceful protests. You should really learn to differentiate between two completely separate things.
    Talk about out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Talk about out of touch.
    The fact that you willingly choose not to differentiate the two in order to ignore the actual issues is quite telling.

Supporting Member
    My actual issue is that suddenly covid is no longer a worry since the liberal pearl clutchers are gathering in groups of hundreds of people. It's quite telling it's barely even being mentioned anymore...its almost as if covid was not the actual doom and gloom death sentence it was painted as by the MSM for months. Whatever gets the most clicks though...amirite?

As far as the protesting, whatever...I've seen enough "peaceful" protests in my lifetime. Ferguson, otr, downtown Louisville the last few nights...maybe let's try something different

As a buddy of mine said...this week has been one long trump campaign ad. Guy is back in the driver's seat to get elected, and though I'm not a trump supporter and think the guy is a little damn crazy, I will take great satisfaction in watching whiny pussies cry on facebook for 4 more years
    I’m not saying he will lose but I’m not seeing how this helps him. Do you think the black vote will be worse than 2016 after this? There’s a lot of time between now and November so anything goes but Trump has seen way better weeks that’s for sure.

Supporting Member
    My actual issue is that suddenly covid is no longer a worry since the liberal pearl clutchers are gathering in groups of hundreds of people. It's quite telling it's barely even being mentioned anymore...its almost as if covid was not the actual doom and gloom death sentence it was painted as by the MSM for months. Whatever gets the most clicks though...amirite?
    COVID is still a significant concern, and this obviously isn't helping with contact tracing. While it may have been pushed off the front page, the reminders of it are still there when you see almost every reporter wearing a mask while reporting on the protests (not to mention most of the police and reporters).
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Facts. Louisville has been under democratic control for like 60 years and people just don’t understand why they still have the same problems today that they did 60 years ago. People can’t continue to be that dumb.
    And Minneapolis where this latest sheetstorm started, like I posted before in #5802, has been under Democrat control for 45 years straight.
    And they enabled the local Police Union to futher enable a bad apple (Cauvin) to still have a job after 18, yeah EIGHTEEN citizen complaints filed against him-with one weak letter of reprimand. The last major riot in Baltimore-under Obama, who was never blamed for it like Trump is now, has been under Democrat control for 53 years. Oh, and they've had 3 in their last group of mayors have to resign, but Dems just keep getting elected.
    You reap what you sow locally.

Late edit. 5 Police officers shot in various cities last night. Where's the outrage?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-02-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I’m not saying he will lose but I’m not seeing how this helps him. Do you think the black vote will be worse than 2016 after this? There’s a lot of time between now and November so anything goes but Trump has seen way better weeks that’s for sure.
    I think people's individual day-to-day experiences can make it seem like this is good for Trump if, particularly you live suburban or rural Ohio / Kentucky / Indiana etc. and rarely interact with minorities. I used to live on the West Side of Cincinnati - I know that mentality well.

Many of our major cities are burning and we are still dealing with a Pandemic and likely recession. It's difficult to see any of these factors helping an incumbent President get reelected. When you sprinkle in the fact that Trump is incapable of saying the right things, it seems like an easy avenue to attack him on. Trump and his base spent the first 3 years touting the strength of the economy as evidence of his greatness. He is continuing to whip is base into a frenzy, but I'm not sure how much more engagement he can get from them.

The people that really swung the last election for him (an election in which he lost the Popular vote by 3MM votes).

Minority turnout was low: Black voter turnout dropped precipitously for the first time in 20 years. Turnout declined for 66.6% to 59.9%. This was a big help in states like Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Women didn't vote as expected: Specifically suburban white women. The Clinton campaign thought that they would easily engage and carry

Blue Collar workers (generally union influenced): Specifically in Michigan and Wisconsin. Voted Red for the first time in a while.

Trump's Base: They turned out to vote, and should be expected to in 2020.

Minority voter turnout could be Trump's worst enemy in 2020.

I live in New Jersey but many of the people I interact and work with live in and around Philadelphia. Typically either in the city or in the affluent suburbs. None of them think this reflects well on Trump. Honestly I don't see how you could, whether you agree with the protesters or now.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    As a buddy of mine said...this week has been one long trump campaign ad. Guy is back in the driver's seat to get elected, and though I'm not a trump supporter and think the guy is a little damn crazy, I will take great satisfaction in watching whiny pussies cry on facebook for 4 more years
    Is this real life? Maybe for his own base that would vote for him no matter what. For anyone in the middle or undecided, no way.

It is hard to imagine a POTUS handling this last week any worse than Trump. His "leadership" has been laughable. Sad.

I am pretty much as middle as it gets. Maybe lean slight left. I have voted republican and democrat in every election at various positions. Biden isnt a great candidate (especially at his current age/state) and I am frustrated there isnt a better option but I have literally never felt more compelled to actively campaign for a candidate. I have never campaigned for any candidate but feel a strong need to do so for Biden at this point.

Trump has been an absolute embarrassment.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And Minneapolis where this latest sheetstorm started, like I posted before in #5802, has been under Democrat control for 45 years straight.
    And they enabled the local Police Union to futher enable a bad apple (Cauvin) to still have a job after 18, yeah EIGHTEEN citizen complaints filed against him-with one weak letter of reprimand. The last major riot in Baltimore-under Obama, who was never blamed for it like Trump is now, has been under Democrat control for 53 years. Oh, and they've had 3 in their last group of mayors have to resign, but Dems just keep getting elected.
    You reap what you sow locally.

Late edit. 5 Police officers shot in various cities last night. Where's the outrage?
    Both parties are responsible for bad policing and not prosecuting police who break the law for sure. Both parties need to accept responsibility for failures there and work together for reform.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Trump remains the betting favorite to win the November election as of this morning.