Page 582 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 8248253257258058158258358459263268210821582 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I mostly blame you, 'brew. Definitely makes me feel better.
    It is mostly my fault, BUT I STILL DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING BLAMED!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Our country is having a hell of a year.

People who were bothered by seeing videos of passengers being physically dragged off of flights that were overbooked can't seem to figure out why other groups of people are bothered by seeing police brutality.

Those who defend the cops by saying it's just a few bad eggs don't seem to want to give that same benefit of the doubt to the protesters.

Those who defend the protesters saying that it's just a few bad eggs don't want to seem to give that same benefit of the doubt to the cops.

Those who were protesting the tyrannical actions of having to social distance during the pandemic don't seem all that bothered by curfews or the rough treatment that these protesters are experiencing.

Those who screamed bloody murder at anyone who left the house without a mask now don't seem to mind it that much.

If you try to provoke a group of protesters who are already pissed off, you will not only succeed but you will drag others into the fray that had no intention or desire to act violently, and people are doing that.

If you try to provoke the police, you will not only succeed but will drag other officers into the fray that had no intention or desire of being violent, and people are doing that.

I think most of us have had the unpleasant experience of having to work with someone who is a jackass. It sucks because they make things worse for everyone, and there really isn't much you can do about it. Well, for the cops, that's even more true and probably more frustrating. Most cops from around the country would probably love to beat the shit out of the four (now former) cops from Minneapolis. Talk about jackasses that made things worse for everyone! They murdered a man, one of them has been arrested and charged with murder, and he will hopefully (and rightfully) be convicted of murder.

Most of the cops I know remind me more of Axl Foley and Judge Reinhold than they do of Bull Connor. They're fun to be around, they don't seem to sweat the small stuff, they're passionate about their jobs, and are good at their jobs. If all cops were like that then we'd probably be a lot better off. I hate it for them that they have to deal with assholes who's main reasons for wanting to be cops is the ability to abuse the power that comes with it. I also hate it for all those who live in neighborhoods and areas where police brutality is one of many common problems they are having to live with. Many of the young men who play the sports that we love to watch fall into that category. If the coronavirus made you feel uneasy about losing your job, or paying your bills, or the economy, or afraid to interact with others due to the possibility of getting sick, a lot of people who come from low socioeconomic backgrounds have those same feelings all the time for all their lives, and again, many of the people who play the games we love to watch fall into that category. Just something to think about.

Our country is not in a good place right now. Looking for someone to blame while making no attempt whatsoever to understand or empathize isn't going to make it any better, but I have a feeling that's what most of us are going to do.
    Public reps. Great post.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

It is mostly my fault, BUT I STILL DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING BLAMED!!!
    Well that's good to know. I thought it was my fault.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I blame George W. Bush.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Our country is having a hell of a year.

Our country is not in a good place right now. Looking for someone to blame while making no attempt whatsoever to understand or empathize isn't going to make it any better, but I have a feeling that's what most of us are going to do.
    And our country still has a plague of locusts, murder hornets and an “unprecedented” hurricane season coming. Yay!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    And our country still has a plague of locusts, murder hornets and an “unprecedented” hurricane season coming. Yay!
    If you have ever played Sim City for an extended period of time, eventually you get bored and turn on all of the disasters at once and watch your creation burn. I think we have hit that point...
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Eat Donuts!

Depends when force is needed. If people are attacking people and cops, like has been happening, then of course you have to use force. Now people being peaceful, absolutely not. I have seen business owners getting abused, my business had some thugs try to rob us in Cincy the other night and yes they were thugs. We called 911 and they ran but before they left they brutally beat, gang attacked And robbed one of our customers on the way out. Both the thugs and customer were black. So if people are attacking others and they refuse to stop, than force is sometimes needed. I am sure if you were getting the shit beat out of you to the inch of your life, you would agree with the force.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Depends when force is needed. If people are attacking people and cops, like has been happening, then of course you have to use force. Now people being peaceful, absolutely not. I have seen business owners getting abused, my business had some thugs try to rob us in Cincy the other night and yes they were thugs. We called 911 and they ran but before they left they brutally beat, gang attacked And robbed one of our customers on the way out. Both the thugs and customer were black. So if people are attacking others and they refuse to stop, than force is sometimes needed. I am sure if you were getting the shit beat out of you to the inch of your life, you would agree with the force.
    Obama called the Baltimore rioters after Freddie Gray, "Thugs" too, but apparently the National media didn't care about that particular word with him. Obama was accurate, though.

Washington Post- "unruly protests" .
    Mostly everyone with a brain- "Lawless criminally destructive riots".

Wanna know why the WP has lost its credibility as a true news source? That's it in a nutshell.

Yikes.