Page 2124 of 2142 FirstFirst ... 11241624202420742114212221232124212521262134 ... LastLast
Results 21,231 to 21,240 of 21414

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Serious question...how many of these protestors are actually students vs professional protestors?
    It was reported at Texas to be 50-50 students vs non.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I think it was Washington University in St. Louis, where it was reported that 80 arrests were made there recently....13 identified with connections to the school and SIXTY SEVEN with none. This suggests that professional protesters are overwhelmingly involved in the criminal activity. These are the Marxists that show up at all of these radical movements.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Sounds about right. The blm crap was the same. They are typically peaceful protests at the beginning led by student groups, which is fine. I typically don’t agree with any of it, but people should be free to protest if they want of course.

It’s when the professional people come in and then it turns into riot and bullshit. Rinse and repeat. Been like this now for however many years. Dunno what can be done about this, but something needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    MOST people (not all) on MOST campuses (not all) are just normal people.

They're worried about finishing their exams, keeping their scholarships, finding housing and jobs for the summer, deciding who they want to live with next year, whether or not they want to be single if they're in relationships, whether or not they want to be in relationships if they're single, what bars don't card, and the things that most normal students care about.

I know this is oversimplifying it, but I think most of the students who are caught up in the protests are caught up in it for the same reasons students get caught up into anything. It feels good to be a part of something! And, this is what they've found to be a part of! Most of htem probably couldn't find Gaza or Israel on a map. They're pretty sure it's not in South America or Africa, but that's about it. They love to say "From the River to the Sea." Most of the American college students wrapped up in the protests probably don't even know which river or which sea they're talking about.
    We are VERY strict about carding. Why are you calling me out?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    She's the second choice in the betting odds behind Tim Scott. Both would be fine choices and far better than anyone else on the top or bottom of the respective tickets (assuming Biden goes with Kamala again). Scott's suck-up tour has been embarrassing, but if that's what it takes to get someone sane in the mix, so be it. Tulsi back-dooring her way into the Presidency through the Trump VP spot would be some story after the way she's been treated by her former Democratic compatriots.
    The funniest outcome would be Trump making Rubio resign his Senate seat and move out of Florida, and then not picking him for VP.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    The funniest outcome would be Trump making Rubio resign his Senate seat and move out of Florida, and then not picking him for VP.
    That would be amusing...but imagine who Republicans might get to replace Rubio in the Senate. It can always be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    We are VERY strict about carding. Why are you calling me out?
    Having to sort through that mess is near the top of a long list of reasons as to why I am totally unqualified to run a bar.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sounds about right. The blm crap was the same. They are typically peaceful protests at the beginning led by student groups, which is fine. I typically don’t agree with any of it, but people should be free to protest if they want of course.

It’s when the professional people come in and then it turns into riot and bullshit. Rinse and repeat. Been like this now for however many years. Dunno what can be done about this, but something needs to happen.
    Who is funding/employing these professional protesters? It's an honest question...there has to be a paper trail somewhere
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Who is funding/employing these professional protesters? It's an honest question...there has to be a paper trail somewhere
    I would not be surprised if ultimately it was foreign money. Iran, Russia, China...Pick a US enemy or maybe all of them. It really doesn't make sense otherwise.

I would not be surprised if ultimately it was foreign money. Iran, Russia, China...Pick a US enemy or maybe all of them. It really doesn't make sense otherwise.
    Agree. If someone is taking money from a foreign nation to create instability in America, I would think there would be some legal recourse against the actors. The first amendment can be a mofo depending on how it's applied
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo