Page 413 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3133634034114124134144154234635139131413 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    It’s laughable. Equally laughable as a promise to build a wall across the entire southern US border. Then when funding for curing “cancer” is not there he can come back and say he didn’t mean ALL cancers (entire border), only a certain types of cancers that are genetic (high traffic regions). And instead of curing cancer (ie building a wall) he really means better treatment for cancers (sorry it’s just a fence).

Only difference is that curing cancer doesn’t get as many irrational people fired up.
    Sure

Considering all the dumb shit candidates and political leaders waste our time and money on, I'd be thrilled if cancer research became a topic of this election. It's far better than the going game of blame the foreigner or the rich for all of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Trump said he would be willing to listen to foreign governments if they approached him with information on a political rival.
    Sez the guy he appointed as FBI Director has it wrong. It's OK.
    Just like every politician EVER who runs for EVERYTHING, right? Just like a DNC funded "dossier" that was all fake developed by a foreigner Brit that the Dems have used for cover for 3 f-ing years, right?. Don't tell me that any pol ever, in their narcissistic world would not accept info- from anybody. Trump just tells it like it is and every media outlet goes batshit crazy. "Oh. You mean politics aren't squeaky clean?" "SHOCKING!!"

I'm disgusted with the way the media- Namely ABC, NBC the NYT, Cable Nebulous Network and Washington Pissed, just look for anything to hang this President on while ignoring all the good stuff that's happening. The Dude gives a pretty biased-against-him "journalist", former Clintonite Stephanopolous 2 free days of access to talk to him, and what does old Snufalufagous do? Tries to nail him on a question about foreign info, then plays it up without hardly any other coverage. Disgusting as hell. Hey ABC. Your fake Russia Collusion narrative was BS, and you used it for 3 years trying to make chicken salad out or chicken sheet, and now you just can't give it up. You ignored covering Obummer's foibles for 8 years. Just stop.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Don't tell me that any pol ever, in their narcissistic world would not accept info- from anybody. Trump just tells it like it is and every media outlet goes batshit crazy. "Oh. You mean politics aren't squeaky clean?" "SHOCKING!!"
    I mean Al Gore's team went to the FBI when they were provided information they believed was illegal. So maybe not "any pol ever."
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I mean Al Gore's team went to the FBI when they were provided information they believed was illegal. So maybe not "any pol ever."
    Wow!! A debate prep book for Bush that was stolen by a Texas guy, 20 years ago, not exactly campaign changing material...Balance that with some Dem sneaking into a Mitt Romney private fundraiser, taping his comments to a friendly audience then sending it right over to the press who played it up to help Obummer.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Balance that with some Dem sneaking into a Mitt Romney private fundraiser, taping his comments to a friendly audience then sending it right over to the press who played it up to help Obummer.
    You're really reaching on this one.

Donna Brazile leaking debate questions is a better example that I don't think got enough attention.

I think Trump is just inviting Russia and China to help him in the election next year.
    It seems to have worked the first time.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I figured it was a matter of time for the Koch brothers thread to become political so I moving that part of the discussion.

Unfortunately the press did a great job of labeling them as far right and leaders of the Republican party. Fact is they’re Libertarians. They believe in free trade, for amnesty (dreamers) and do not support Trump.

This article even suggests they may consider backing certain Democrats in 2020. Not exactly an extreme point of view.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/06/koch...ngagement.html

The Koch political network has changed quite a bit with David Koch fading out of the picture. Charles Koch is much more of an issues guy than a partisan politics guy. It will likely take another dramatic turn (not sure in what direction) when 83 year old Charles is no longer involved and the spotlight turns to 42 year old Chase Koch. Here's an article trying to read the tea leaves on what might change: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...eration-223099

Note that David Koch's kids are coming of age now as well, though, and who knows where that will lead...

Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I think Trump is just inviting Russia and China to help him in the election next year.
    It seems to have worked the first time.
    I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I don’t think the Russians really cared who won in 2016. They just wanted to create divisiveness and internal problems for us. I’m thinking that if Hillary had won, the Republicans in Congress would have gone nuts claiming Russian interference helped Hillary and launched a bunch of useless investigations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.