Page 626 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 12652657661662462562662762863667672611261626 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I find both parties and their representatives equally disgusting. So join me and don’t vote for either.
    Yep....I've decided I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils and so for the first time since I turned 18, I wont be voting in November. That goes for not only the Presidential choice, but the Senate race here in kentucky which will be McConnell vs an AOC type candidate. I just refuse to contribute to either side at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yep....I've decided I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils and so for the first time since I turned 18, I wont be voting in November. That goes for not only the Presidential choice, but the Senate race here in kentucky which will be McConnell vs an AOC type candidate. I just refuse to contribute to either side at this point.
    Instead of police reform, we need political reform. I think the VAST majority of cops are good people. Lets just say 2 out of 10 aren't ideal and right for the job.

I think it's the total opposite with politicians. Hard to find a good, honest one.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Instead of police reform, we need political reform. I think the VAST majority of cops are good people. Lets just say 2 out of 10 aren't ideal and right for the job.

I think it's the total opposite with politicians. Hard to find a good, honest one.
    Yep, and then even if you find a good honest one, you may completely disagree with their political platform. Like cory booker who I think may win the democratic nomination and run against McConnell. He seems like a good honest man, but he is so far left (like aoc left) that I cant vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Trump stands for being an asshole, and Biden doesn’t know what he stands for. I will not vote for either, but I will vote for Romney.
    What about Romney do you like from a public policy perspective?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Cory Booker is the senator from New Jersey.

Charles Booker is running for the democratic nomination for the senate in Kentucky.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Cory Booker is the senator from New Jersey.

Charles Booker is running for the democratic nomination for the senate in Kentucky.
    Yep my bad..had a feeling I messed his name up.

What the country needs, in order to really begin to have a third or more parties with a real chance, is ranked choice voting. It doesn't even require Congress as the states can make the decision to do this. Maine does it. It would allow us to pick the 3rd party candidate as our top choice and, if that person is not the top vote getter, then my vote goes to my next choice. This would REALLY allow a 3rd party to have a legitimate shot because no one would feel like their vote is being lost by using it on a 3rd party or other candidate. Imagine if there was a 3rd party candidate that a lot of people liked, but half hated Trump and half hated Biden. They could BOTH vote for the 3rd party candidate with either Biden or Trump as their second choice. They would not be "wasting" their vote, and we might actually get a decent candidate for the first time in ages
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Instead of not voting I encourage you to vote third party or independent. Heck write in someone. Unless the D’s and the R’s see their percent vote drop, nothing will change.

How about a campaign to write in David F West??? Yeah.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    What about Romney do you like from a public policy perspective?
    Yes, I like Romney a lot - he’s the only Republican I’ve voted for President, and I would absolutely vote for him this year if by the grace of God, Trump bailed. I’m a big fan of business people leading the executive branch... just not Trump. I also think Romney has among the best moral characters of any political figure, but that doesn’t say much...
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Just keep throwing "racist", "sexist", "xenophobic" out there and hopefully people will start to believe you.
    I've crunched the numbers, and it turns out a lot of people do in fact believe those statements. To be fair the sample size is quite large for people with eyes and ears.
    Run the table.