Page 1745 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 745124516451695173517431744174517461747175517951845 ... LastLast
Results 17,441 to 17,450 of 21169

Thread: Politics Thread

Ray Epps was definitely a fed.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I’m certainly not sad that Tucker Carlson is off the air. It’s probably actually a good thing. But for those who are so happy that he’s finally gone, I gotta ask…

If you didn’t like his show, then why did you watch it?? Don’t you realize that if everyone who didn’t like him simply didn’t watch him, they’d have probably gotten rid of him before now.
    I think it's more that people view him as purveyor of misinformation (per his own admission in the Dominion texts) and want him off the air for that reason. The problem with that logic is that he will almost certainly be replaced by someone else who will tap into the vein of elderly white rage that Tucker exploited so successfully, so I'm not sure anything gets better.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I think it's more that people view him as purveyor of misinformation (per his own admission in the Dominion texts) and want him off the air for that reason. The problem with that logic is that he will almost certainly be replaced by someone else who will tap into the vein of elderly white rage that Tucker exploited so successfully, so I'm not sure anything gets better.
    This.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

This is an interesting take on the Fox situation. With Lemon, I think they got tired of his bad, internal behavior.
    Carlson is more complex. Don't know if Epps played a part, and can't see the Times article about his request for retraction from Carlson.
    But too late for that now.

Tucker's emails/texts bad mouthed Trump. Yet he got an interview with him just the other day. That surprised me because I would have thought Trump would hold a grudge about the comments, unless he hadn't read them.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...ut-at-fox-news
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Lemon out.
    Don Lemon most famous interview.

https://youtu.be/QRen8nI8_aM

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Don Lemon most famous interview.

https://youtu.be/QRen8nI8_aM

Lemon was the worst. Right up there with Joy Reid, would be nice to see her go

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Maybe the two are teaming up!
    Looks they can grab a CEO as well. NBCUniversal head just got canned. Trifecta!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    You're not wrong. I'm not going to argue with this at all.

Having said that, the number of people who routinely watch something that they A) know is bullshit, and B) know will make them mad is much higher than what it should be. The media wants to engage as many people as possible, and they know that the most effective way to do that is to scare people and to make people mad. So if someone who shovels bullshit is making you mad and you keep watching it anyway, you're actually playing into their hands. I don't think Tucker Carlson believes his own bullshit. I don't think most of them do. On either side.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    That would be something!

Like a political version of Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe?
    Oh Lawd, the last thing I need is the NBC Nightly News with Skip Bayless.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    You're not wrong. I'm not going to argue with this at all.

Having said that, the number of people who routinely watch something that they A) know is bullshit, and B) know will make them mad is much higher than what it should be. The media wants to engage as many people as possible, and they know that the most effective way to do that is to scare people and to make people mad. So if someone who shovels bullshit is making you mad and you keep watching it anyway, you're actually playing into their hands. I don't think Tucker Carlson believes his own bullshit. I don't think most of them do. On either side.
    Well, yeah. That's obviously a problem. I don't consume any televised media any more because it is virtually all bullshit designed to aggravate and inflame.

I'm not really sure the specific mental gymnastics one has to do to continue watching Carlson after seeing what he was texting his co-workers. I'm also not sure the mental gymnastics one has to do to knowingly lie on air every day and not put a gun in their mouth, but as the ever-eloquent Fat Mike from NOFX once stated: "The guilty don't feel guilty, they learn not to".
    Eat Donuts!