Page 530 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052852953053153254058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

No argument on Biden showing his age relative to Sanders and Trump. I think they'll sell it as 'he's human' and therefore trustworthy. A lot of people I know don't want the President and their drama, tweets, etc to be such a constant presence in their lives. We'll see if 'a return to normal' is enough to get people to the ballots.

In any case I'm greatly relieved to see Sanders fade away.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Trump is actually 73 and Biden is 77. But comparing the two, Trump may as well be 4.
    Fixed that for you.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    He’s gonna get destroyed on a debate stage. All the Dems have gone easy on him because it’s been well known for a while that he’d emerge as the nominee so he hasn’t really been tested. That will change with Trump. I’m sure the media will paper it over tho.
    Yeah, I know. Trump is an amazing debater.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    No argument on Biden showing his age relative to Sanders and Trump. I think they'll sell it as 'he's human' and therefore trustworthy
    not sure that's gonna work. he's human and dying. i can trust an old person who's losing their mind, but i'm not about to trust them with any responsibility.

we'll see. maybe you'll be right, but i think it could get very, very ugly, very quickly
    Last edited by scoscox; 03-11-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Yeah, I know. Trump is an amazing debater.
    i know this is sarcastic, but trump is a good debater, atleast in the context of running for office in the current state of our country

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i know this is sarcastic, but trump is a good debater, atleast in the context of running for office in the current state of our country
    This. He would likely fail a college-level debate class, but in our current political climate he's pretty darn good. Hillary was one of the most seasoned political operators to run for office in a long time and he tore her to pieces in those settings. He did that without any kind of record to run on. He'll have 3+ years of pretty positive data on his side this time around. I think he'll push uncle joe to his breaking point...
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Revisionist history, again, from those that love the Trumpster.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/su...-performances/

Supporting Member
    Scientific polls lol. Kind of an oxymoron there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Revisionist history, again, from those that love the Trumpster.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/su...-performances/
    I was shocked to read that anyone thinks that Trump is a good debater, and that he "tore her (Hillary) to pieces". Must have been a different set of debates than the ones I saw. And I guess Xville must be one of those "alternative facts-science deniers" Trump supporters.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I was shocked to read that anyone thinks that Trump is a good debater, and that he "tore her (Hillary) to pieces". Must have been a different set of debates than the ones I saw. And I guess Xville must be one of those "alternative facts-science deniers" Trump supporters.
    No I just think the phrase scientific poll is hilarious. Not really a trump supporter, not a hater either. The two we are going to have to choose from is yet again awful. Senile man number one or senile man number two. Great. I guess it's better than whackadoodle sanders