Page 590 of 2128 FirstFirst ... 9049054058058858959059159260064069010901590 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 21278

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DART87 View Post
    Read the room MoR..."Law and Order" as a white person sees it...is different than a person of color sees it. That is the premise of these demonstrations. The "Rule of Law" is not enforced equally (see George Floyd) amongst the population so there is a problem when Trump says keep doing what you have been doing.
    George Floyd was murdered. That has nothing to do with the rule of law.

I won’t defend Trump’s divisive rhetoric, but do keep in mind the purpose of the Executive Branch of our government is to carry out the laws of the land. In that respect, he’s doing his job.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    So after clearing a path for a photo op yesterday with tear gas, rubber bullets and horses (including gassing some Episcopal clergy working at the photo op church), the president decides to visit one of the catholic shrines in DC today.
    The archbishop was not impressed by this additional photo op crap:

https://adw.org/wp-content/uploads/s...ss-Release.pdf
    What you get when you elect a draft dodger to be Commander-in-Chief. His tootsies didn't seem to bother him marching over there.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Ah yes. Something that has nothing to do with the peaceful protests. You should really learn to differentiate between two completely separate things.
    The media needs to differentiate the two. Everyone is called a “protester” whether they are marching peacefully or breaking windows and steeling shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post

I won’t defend Trump’s divisive rhetoric, but do keep in mind the purpose of the Executive Branch of our government is to carry out the laws of the land. In that respect, he’s doing his job.
    Actually it has everything to do with the rule of law. It was a Law enforcement agent that committed the murder. Understand now?
    How sweet it is!

What proof is there that Chauvin is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And when he was saying nothing, he was criticized for not doing anything. Enough already.
    Hey, take it up with the archbishop; not me.
    I think he did a couple photo ops for campaign videos, etc. The archbishop thinks he was using the church for this and shouldn't have.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Exactly. He is an idiot for not letting up and should be sent to prison, but there is nothing that says he is racist just as there is no proof the other three non white cops with him are racist too. Just as any time a black cop kills a white guy or even a black guy, it doesn’t mean they are racist. Maybe they make a mistake and get to heated or in some cases they are scared shitless so they shoot and kill a guy, but I don’t think we have a race problem within our law enforcement system. Hell a lot of departments are run by black people. The media and in my opinion, a lot of left leaning people want to keep race and hate alive. People claim to want racial harmony but I don’t see it. Constantly telling a race that people hate you and your life is unfair and you can’t get ahead because of your skin color and the cops are after you and you know that your ancestors were slaves, does nothing but fuel the hate and racial divide. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post

But that's the question isn't it: his divisive rhetoric is not really "doing his job." One might argue that it's the exact opposite.
    As the chief of police in Houston has noted

“Let me just say this to the president of the United States on behalf of the police chiefs in this country. Please, if you don’t have anything constructive to say, keep your mouth shut. Because you’re putting men and women in their early 20s at risk,” Acevedo told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.
    “It’s not about dominating, it’s about winning hearts and minds,”
    “And it hurts me to no end because whether we vote for someone or we don’t vote for someone, he’s still our president, but it’s time to be presidential and not try to be like you’re on ‘The Apprentice,’” he added. “This is not Hollywood, this is real life, and real lives are at risk
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DART87 View Post
    Actually it has everything to do with the rule of law. It was a Law enforcement agent that committed the murder. Understand now?
    You’re confusing law and law enforcement. The killer will be dealt with by the rule of law.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    You mean other than the dead body?