Page 1431 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 431931133113811421142914301431143214331441148115311931 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,310 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Talk to your Republican buddies in the state house.
    So basically preserving a safe Dem district after Ohio lost a seat. Isn’t that what you want?
    If you don’t like it, get better Dem candidates who don’t want to brainwash kids, want to lower taxes and inflation and don’t hate America.
    Pretty simple there, Sir.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I find it hard to imagine republicans preserving a democratic seat.

That wouldn't happen in South Carolina...maybe in Ohio.

Or maybe it was to pit Kucinich against Kaptur. Didn't the 10th use to have part of Cleveland, and now is down in mid-Ohio with Dayton?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I find it hard to imagine republicans preserving a democratic seat.

That wouldn't happen in South Carolina...maybe in Ohio.

Or maybe it was to pit Kucinich against Kaptur. Didn't the 10th use to have part of Cleveland, and now is down in mid-Ohio with Dayton?
    With your one sided outlook, you seem to have a hard time imagining anything balanced. Oh, well…

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    With your one sided outlook, you seem to have a hard time imagining anything balanced. Oh, well…
    Y'know you talk about balance. I went to the Rockies game last night. They won 16-5. I stayed until the end watching every pitch. Let's say later at the bar, a group of Cardinal fans were insisting the Cardinals won. I say "No" I watched every one of the Rockies 22 hits to win. Maybe I missed the Umpires declaring victory for the Redbirds.
    Such a scenario is now playing out in America. Half a political party is denying the obvious outcome of an election in 7 states. Yes, it sounds ridiculous but true and now we have these idiots who may get elected and throw the games in their favor. Absurd.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Y'know you talk about balance. I went to the Rockies game last night. They won 16-5. I stayed until the end watching every pitch. Let's say later at the bar, a group of Cardinal fans were insisting the Cardinals won. I say "No" I watched every one of the Rockies 22 hits to win. Maybe I missed the Umpires declaring victory for the Redbirds.
    Such a scenario is now playing out in America. Half a political party is denying the obvious outcome of an election in 7 states. Yes, it sounds ridiculous but true and now we have these idiots who may get elected and throw the games in their favor. Absurd.
    I am happy to hear the Cardinals pulled it out. I turned it off around the 5th.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

"If your innocent, why would you take the fifth, only the Mob takes the fifth". Trump took the fifth this morning. Hypocrite.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 08-10-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Small overlooked fact:
    The same night Mar-a-Lago was raided, DHS quietly announced it will end Remain in Mexico. This decision, like the rest of Biden's open border approach, is a disaster, elite cruelty—to migrants & our own working class—masquerading as compassion.
    Oh, and when Texas decides to bus load migrants to “Sanctuary Cities”, those “Sanctuary Cities” doth protest and don’t want them there! Sanctuary in word only.
    Yeah. “We’re all for the Sanctuary of migrants until those migrants need Sanctuary. TEXAS should be willing to handle all of them!!
    (This despite the fact that Federal Government Fuckery is allowing them to stream in)
    I think Abbot is a genius doing this. Sending a Federal caused problem into a Federal District and another “Sanctuary” place.
    The ultimate example of hypocrisy! “Yeah we’re all for them…..uhhh… but not in OUR backyard Sanctuary”.

This might be just me, but can people please stop saying Mar-A-Lago was raided. Raids happen first thing in the morning, without warning, and they bust the door down. The FBI let the Secret Service know ahead of time they were coming and were let in.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

The IRS is hiring new special agents!

Requirements include working min “50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends” and “Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.”

Sounds an awful lot like Gestapo resurrected!!! Yay Freedom!!
    By the way. There are 1,000 billionaires in the US. Why would it take 87,000 new IRS agents to police them?

Up until this year, from 2010 on, the IRS lost 1/3rd of its enforcement staff, and is still using antiquated computer programing.
    They need a lot of money to catch up.
    Estimates of lost taxes due to lack of enforcement are at $600 billion/year. That might just pay for the agents.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/18/10933...ing-to-the-irs
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.