Page 460 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 3604104504584594604614624705105609601460 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

There is a chance that Trump will be the first president to ever die in prison.

There is a far better chance that he isn't removed, and that he wins reelection.

Trump may suck as a president, and he may lie more than any other five presidents put together, and he may act as if he is above the country's institutions, but the Democrats suck at elections. They can't figure out why so many people in this country who have been made to feel like they don't matter don't like them. At least Trump was smart enough to figure that part of it out. He may not be good at much else, but he was good at that, and because of that he will probably win again.
    Last edited by xubrew; 11-05-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Sondland and Lev. What will happen next?
    Taylor and Vindman.
    2023 Sweet 16

I don't get why someone who opposes Trump would turn down an invitation to go to the White House. You'd be able to tell him off, or get clever and bring a "feel the Bern" sign or some such thing. It's a perfect opportunity for a really futile and stupid gesture on someone's part, and a pro sports team are just the guys to do it.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Just not juicy enough to remove. There's really no reason for Republican senators to say anything at this point. I'm sure they'll say something stupid, though.
    What do you think it would take to be "juicy enough"?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

What do you think it would take to be "juicy enough"?
    Something that people actually care about. No one cares whether we give aid to Ukraine or whether Joe Biden's kid is a low level crook.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Something that people actually care about. No one cares whether we give aid to Ukraine or whether Joe Biden's kid is a low level crook.
    So of lying, extorting, misuse of tax dollars, and covering up are not things people care about, please give an example of what Trump would have to do for you to care.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

This isn't about me. Look around. Impeachment is barely making a ripple. The Senate isn't going to remove, and the only people who are going to care are people who wanted Trump out day one no matter what. There's an election next year to really decide whether to remove.

You make a good, albeit depressing point, GO.
    Our discourse has sunk to new lows, and unfortunately that seems to largely be traceable to the president's rhetoric.
    We've become inured to being shocked by what otherwise would be unacceptable behavior.
    This will not end well.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

So of lying, extorting, misuse of tax dollars, and covering up are not things people care about, please give an example of what Trump would have to do for you to care.
    They SHOULD care, but they DON'T.

Trump was right about one thing. His base was so fed up with the left that he could shoot someone in broad daylight and the base would still back him. So no, they do not care about any of that. Truth be told I'm having a hard time coming up with something that he could legitimately do that would cause his backers to stop backing him. Impeachment MIGHT actually work to his advantage in the long run. He won't be removed, and if he can get out there and grand stand the way he always does, and use that grandstanding to fire up his supporters the way he always does, then it may actually end up feeding the beast and making it stronger.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White