Page 380 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2803303703783793803813823904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I would say Covington takes the cake, but just a week later the MAGA racial outrage of Jussie Smollett does fit in nicely. That happened so close together, I think you can include them in the same story, i.e. the media jumping in on a social media firestorm before anyone knows the facts. I think Jussie Smollett needs to spend some time in jail, but I doubt the Chicago PD would ever have the balls to arrest him in this political climate.
    I think there is a good chance he gets arrested. Before the fake attack, "someone" sent him a letter with white powder in it. So there's more than just the attack. Also, there is a lot of outrage at the amount of police resources being used on the Smollett case while there are so many unsolved murders in the city. So he probably gets arrested to save face.

Bernie is back for 2020. Plot thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    The majority of people here in Chicago suspected a hoax from the get go. There is a popular crime blog that was sharing inside information early on stating so. Just a shame that the media hopped on right away because it fit their narrative. As soon as it didn't certain vocal media critics here went silent.
    My initial reaction to the news story was one of suspicion. It seemed way too 'on the nose' to be real, like a central casting racially motivated attack.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The race to go as far left as possible begins today. Hopefully Schultz drags them closer to center, but I'm not very confident in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    The race to go as far left as possible begins today. Hopefully Schultz drags them closer to center, but I'm not very confident in that.
    You know, in 2016 I kept watching the Trump campaign thinking it was funny that he was doing so well but that he didn't have a chance to actually be President. Then he won the nomination, but it still seemed pretty much impossible that he would ever actually be President. Then election day happened.

And since he's been President I've figured that there's no way he can win a second term. Just not possible given the goofy things he's said and done. I think I'm going to stop doubting the possibility of Trump 2020, though.

And since he's been President I've figured that there's no way he can win a second term. Just not possible given the goofy things he's said and done. I think I'm going to stop doubting the possibility of Trump 2020, though.
    Oh I'd go further than that. I'd put money on a second term over every other possibility combined. Do you know anyone who loved Trump in 2016 that doesn't love him today? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Oh I'd go further than that. I'd put money on a second term over every other possibility combined. Do you know anyone who loved Trump in 2016 that doesn't love him today? I don't.
    I didn't love Trump in 2016, and I don't love him today, but I doubt very seriously the Democrats are going to put a candidate on the ballot that I'd actually prefer be President.

Worse: John Wayne or John Wayne Gacy?

I'm thinking Biden vs. Pence.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I'm thinking Biden vs. Pence.
    Two old white males?!?

I think Biden would be fine, but I don't think that's the direction the Democratic Party is headed for 2020.