Page 377 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 2773273673753763773783793874274778771377 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

I think McCabe is pretty much the ultimate biased source. Given the mass hysteria over Trump's election, I'm not sure what's shocking about people having considered extreme measures to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think McCabe is pretty much the ultimate biased source. Given the mass hysteria over Trump's election, I'm not sure what's shocking about people having considered extreme measures to get rid of him.
    I'm also not sure what's so shocking about the FBI or anyone wanting to get rid of a treasonous psycho
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    I'm also not sure what's so shocking about the FBI or anyone wanting to get rid of a treasonous psycho
    Yes, that's the hysteria I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    NYC citizens have successfully fought off Amazon's HQ2.

Congrats Dallas!
    Quote from de Blazio

"Instead of working with the community Amazon threw away that opportunity. We have the best talent in the world, and every day we are growing a stronger and fairer economy for everyone," the mayor said. "If Amazon can't recognize what that's worth, its competitors will."

Hmmm competitors? Do they really have competitors in e-commerce? They have a 49% market share in the US vs 6.6% eBay, 3.9% Apple, and 3.7% WalMart.

NY City is not a big fan of WalMart (to put it lightly) so guess that’s a nonstarter to have a headquarters there.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Quote from de Blazio

"Instead of working with the community Amazon threw away that opportunity. We have the best talent in the world, and every day we are growing a stronger and fairer economy for everyone," the mayor said. "If Amazon can't recognize what that's worth, its competitors will."

Hmmm competitors? Do they really have competitors in e-commerce? They have a 49% market share in the US vs 6.6% eBay, 3.9% Apple, and 3.7% WalMart.

NY City is not a big fan of WalMart (to put it lightly) so guess that’s a nonstarter to have a headquarters there.
    I think "competitors" in this case are those companies competing for similar types of talent, not e-commerce sales. In that sense someone like Google is a competitor.

EDIT: Also why do you say NYC is not a big fan of WalMart? Because there are none there? Just curious.
    Last edited by Caf; 02-14-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I think "competitors" in this case are those companies competing for similar types of talent, not e-commerce sales. In that sense someone like Google is a competitor.

EDIT: Also why do you say NYC is not a big fan of WalMart? Because there are none there? Just curious.
    I agree the word “competitors” could be broaden especially when comes to the view of government. Guess I’m looking at from the private sector.

As for Walmart

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproje...t%2CreplaceUrl

I agree the word “competitors” could be broaden especially when comes to the view of government. Guess I’m looking at from the private sector.

As for Walmart

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproje...t%2CreplaceUrl
    Their lack of presence there is more a product of their business model. You can't have enormous stores in NYC without equally enormous amounts of underground parking due to ADA standards. That prevents them from offering their pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Yeah... the man who was the discussed target of a "light" coup is the treasonous psycho.

Supporting Member
    Quote from de Blazio

Amazon has way too much power and Bezos is a complete douche. Anything preventing them from acquiring more power, I'm all for.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Their lack of presence there is more a product of their business model. You can't have enormous stores in NYC without equally enormous amounts of underground parking due to ADA standards. That prevents them from offering their pricing.
    Didn’t seem to hurt Target.