Page 775 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 27567572576577377477577677778582587512751775 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    I don't think he really cared if we saw what he paid or didn't pay in taxes.

He cares that we all know he is a shitty business man with a significantly lower net worth than he claims.
    I think we all knew that already. His base doesn’t care and his opposition doesn't like him any less. I don't think this changes anything.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Well, all his has to do is release his taxes like Biden did and every president since Nixon. Problem solved. Oh.....maybe not.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Now, it is technically within the rules. But like I said earlier....do you REALLY want to open that door? There are also a lot of things the democrats can do that are technically within the rules if/when they win the presidency and get control of the house and senate. That could happen within a matter of months. But even if it isn't for another two years, or four years, or longer, it will eventually happen. IF you want the norms to change, then realize that the democrats can and will operate under those same parameters whenever it gets to be their turn again.

And, no. This is not how it is 'SUPPOSED' to work. Nearly half the country is not supposed to be made to feel that they aren't represented, nor should they be made to feel that the technicalities are being used against their representation. But, I think that's where we are heading (if we aren't already there).
    Personally, wish they would have waited to fill. However, this kind stuff (changing precedent) has been happening for a long time. Obamacare, one of the last big piece of legislation passed comes to mind. To get that type of bill through the Senate you needed 60 votes. The Democrats had 60 until Ted Kennedy died and Scott Brown took over seat leaving them one vote short.

The Democrats used reconciliation to push the bill through. Reconciliation was used to get spending through and never intended for bills like healthcare. As Democrat Rep. Alcee Hastings of the House Rules Committee famously said during the bill process: “We’re making up the rules as we go along.”

I don't think he really cared if we saw what he paid or didn't pay in taxes.

He cares that we all know he is a shitty business man with a significantly lower net worth than he claims.
    He's still a billionaire. And he's been an excellent President; looking out for American workers, defending the unborn, defending the 1st & 2nd amendments, protecting our borders, bringing troops home from places we never should've been, brokering peace deals in the Middle East, as well as implementing economic policies that had the economy roaring until Covid-19 appeared.

That's why he's going to be re-elected in just over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He's still a billionaire. And he's been an excellent President; looking out for American workers, defending the unborn, defending the 1st & 2nd amendments, protecting our borders, bringing troops home from places we never should've been, brokering peace deals in the Middle East, as well as implementing economic policies that had the economy roaring until Covid-19 appeared.

That's why he's going to be re-elected in just over a month.
    I'm sorry I said some mean things about your boyfriend. And he probably only hits you because he loves you.

It's a hard pill to swallow when you realize you've been conned.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I will enjoy having Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett on the Supreme Court, but I am of the opinion that the Republicans should have given a hearing to and confirmed Garland in 2016. And if the Democrats win big in November and decide to pack the Court, I will find that to be a bigger travesty than the Garland debacle, but I will feel like the Republicans have more than earned it.

I'm sorry I said some mean things about your boyfriend. And he probably only hits you because he loves you.
    That's funny.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    To me, the question now is how did the New York Times get their hands on Trump's taxes when the State of New York, Congress, and the Southern District of New York have all been unsuccessful?

I have a feeling that Trump's just screwing around with everyone here. Or someone's about to get sued for crossing Trump's red line.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Or someone's about to get sued for crossing Trump's red line.
    He'd have to bring in his tax returns to prove the reporting was bogus. So don't see that happening.

Per the report, Trump’s tax records reveal that he has failed to pay back a whopping $287 million to his lenders since 2010. So much for the record of the self-described “king of debt.”
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 09-28-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16