Page 1337 of 1347 FirstFirst ... 33783712371287132713351336133713381339 ... LastLast
Results 13,361 to 13,370 of 13463

Thread: Politics Thread

  1. #13361
    Supporting Member Strange Brew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I got paid to read them for 50 yrs so guess you don't know what the hell you're taking about. And I said SAME QTR. Get your facts straight.
    Same qtr last year is what you wrote.

    Further, why is that a problem for you?
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 05-13-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    If life seems jolly rotten
    There's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

  2. #13362
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Do you consider yourself "General Public"? What is that? I sincerely want a basic definition plz. And BTW....WHO the F, do you suggest determines what the people " NEED"?

    Me, however, have a sizable piece of land, nice house AND have a beautiful wife and Twin daughter's. I have a perimeter to be cognizant of.

    I am in Brown Co.......I live right on the river but, nonetheless there is a Meth/Opioid element always present.

    Me. In my situation. Me loves my 2nd Amendment. I like to have some knock down ability from distant.

    Just in case some crazed junkie wants to get silly possibilities on MY STUFF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Do you consider yourself "General Public"? What is that? I sincerely want a basic definition plz. And BTW....WHO the F, do you suggest determines what the people " NEED"?

    Me, however, have a sizable piece of land, nice house AND have a beautiful wife and Twin daughter's. I have a perimeter to be cognizant of.

    I am in Brown Co.......I live right on the river but, nonetheless there is a Meth/Opioid element always present.

    Me. In my situation. Me loves my 2nd Amendment. I like to have some knock down ability from distant.

    Just in case some crazed junkie wants to get silly possibilities on MY STUFF.
    Well first off, sounds like you have a wonderful life going. Enjoy those blessing you have in your life and be thankful for what God has provided to you. To answer your question. The general public is the America citizen. I can’t answer who the F determines what the people need. The American citizens determine what the people need through their right to vote. That why the gun debate has and will continue to be a subjective debate among society. Are the American “Needs” today different than the founding fathers “Needs” who wrote the second amendment? Another debate.

    I live in a rural county in northwest Ohio. Have a few acres, married the love of my life and have a couple of your kids. We got sex offenders, drug trafficking, sex trafficking all around us. I totally get the need for guns as a way to protect your family from the evils in this world. That being said, who determines the type of firepower that the average American citizen can purchase?

  3. #13363
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Whenever I ask any friends on the left to tell me what a fair share is, all they can say is “more”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regardless of how ridiculous the term "fair share" is......it will never be enough.

    Isn't the idea, that the rich pay more in taxes to be distributed to folks below the poverty line?

    Ever been to a rural trailer park? How about urban housing projects?

    Don't you lefties realize that ANY and ALL government dollars do ZERO to help low income families. 90% is going to that gutter lifestyle.

    BTW.....I am an EX addict.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  4. #13364
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Regardless of how ridiculous the term "fair share" is......it will never be enough.

    Isn't the idea, that the rich pay more in taxes to be distributed to folks below the poverty line?

    Ever been to a rural trailer park? How about urban housing projects?

    Don't you lefties realize that ANY and ALL government dollars do ZERO to help low income families. 90% is going to that gutter lifestyle.

    BTW.....I am an EX addict.
    This 100%. The whole welfare system is enabling generations to remain poor. It’s becoming a lifecycle for families. Welfare is a lifestyle for some. Isn’t it like almost 50% of all school aged children in Ohio are eligible for free or reduced lunches? I don’t mind assistance for people in need but it shouldn’t be a way of life. If you are going to take Welfare, there should be a plan to get them off of welfare.

  5. #13365
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    This 100%. The whole welfare system is enabling generations to remain poor. It’s becoming a lifecycle for families. Welfare is a lifestyle for some. Isn’t it like almost 50% of all school aged children in Ohio are eligible for free or reduced lunches? I don’t mind assistance for people in need but it shouldn’t be a way of life. If you are going to take Welfare, there should be a plan to get them off of welfare.
    Now that makes sense...."COMMON sense"!

    How about we waste time here posting stuff in agreement.....instead of the putrid political garbage.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-13-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  6. #13366
    Supporting Member bjf123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    4,489
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I don’t mind assistance for people in need but it shouldn’t be a way of life. If you are going to take Welfare, there should be a plan to get them off of welfare.
    I remember many years ago some government agency in town was giving an award to a woman because she had spent something like 40 years in the same government housing project. That shouldn’t be awarded! Government housing should be a short term option, not a permanent address.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

  7. #13367
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    10,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Same qtr last year is what you wrote.
    yes and you wrote "same year" Wrong. They made 20 billion last year.
    2018 Big East Champs!

  8. #13368
    Supporting Member Strange Brew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    yes and you wrote "same year" Wrong. They made 20 billion last year.
    Yes, in a down year. Making their shareholders money.

    Why do you care? Is it too much? What is your point?

    Get over yourself and buy their stock. Jeez.

    It closed at $56.70 today.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 05-13-2022 at 09:34 PM.
    If life seems jolly rotten
    There's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

  9. #13369
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    17,788
    Maybe there was something to Lou's movie after all:

    https://www.inquirer.com/news/republ...-20220507.html
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  10. #13370
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,312
    Ok, so let’s just see what happens when a company wants to use a few of 9,000 permits. A few that makes sense to drill on from a company standpoint.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-a...sale-canceled/

    Again another red herring argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •