Page 589 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 8948953957958758858959059159963968910891589 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I think they would tell you that's how they feel, and it's part of why they are frustrated and rioting. It's also one of the many reasons voter turnout in poor urban areas tends to be low. They feel hopeless. To arbitrarily pick one thing that fits with your worldview/opinion and suggest from high atop Mt Whitey that they change only that thing is bizarre. You also ignore the very real possibility that things could be worse for them with a Republican mayor. I'd like to see your sources on the Median Income and Unemployment statistics as well as how the compare (index) to total income and unemployment over time. Is the inequality gap narrowing or widening?

When people use the phrase 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' that's usually a tell that they (1) support Trump and (2) consume a ton of right wing media.
    Fair enough but I dont support trump, but I also think the haters of trump are over the top and ridiculous for blaming every issue on him.

And for the record, I dont consume any print or cable media because I think both sides are complete crap. Only watch local broadcast which I think is the last somewhat objective "news" left

All OF THESE SAME ISSUES HAVE BEEN PRESENT AND GOING ON IN AMERICAS FOR DECADES?

ITS UP TO EACH OF US INDIVIDUALLY TO FOSTER AND SUPPORT A CULTURE AND BELIEF THAT WE ARE ALL EQUAL. AT HOME, WITH OUR CO-WORKERS, WITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

NO PRESIDENT NOW OR IN THE PAST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CRAP. JUST STOP THAT

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    All OF THESE SAME ISSUES HAVE BEEN PRESENT AND GOING ON IN AMERICAS FOR DECADES?

ITS UP TO EACH OF US INDIVIDUALLY TO FOSTER AND SUPPORT A CULTURE AND BELIEF THAT WE ARE ALL EQUAL. AT HOME, WITH OUR CO-WORKERS, WITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

NO PRESIDENT NOW OR IN THE PAST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CRAP. JUST STOP THAT
    I keep hearing this and it completely misses the point. I honestly havent seen one person (on this site especially) blame Trump for racism.

He does however 100% use divisive and inflammatory language that he knows will play to/rile up his base. The President is supposed to speak to the entire country. Trump does not do that, especially hasn't over the last week (when he even addresses the country at all. Twitter doesnt count).
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Fair enough but I dont support trump, but I also think the haters of trump are over the top and ridiculous for blaming every issue on him.

And for the record, I dont consume any print or cable media because I think both sides are complete crap. Only watch local broadcast which I think is the last somewhat objective "news" left
    Look. I'm definitely a 'hater' of Trump. Have been since long before he was President. I think he is a clownish con artist. I don't think he is responsible for every issue. I do think he makes most issues worse with his consistently inflammatory and divisive rhetoric. It's not really his fault, it's our fault for electing him. He is what he always has been, we just decided for some reason that he would make a suitable President.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I keep hearing this and it completely misses the point. I honestly havent seen one person (on this site especially) blame Trump for racism.

He does however 100% use divisive and inflammatory language that he knows will play to/rile up his base. The President is supposed to speak to the entire country. Trump does not do that, especially hasn't over the last week (when he even addresses the country at all. Twitter doesnt count).
    Exactly.
    Eat Donuts!

Trump could make the most compelling and sympathetic plea to the country to stop this madness and 99% of the liberals would find fault in it, call him a liar or have some kind of issue with it. They hate him and will do anything to stop him and his agenda. It is what it is. He's seen as a rich white guy who is part of the problem. And the "white guy" is the one to blame for all of America's race issues..........

So after clearing a path for a photo op yesterday with tear gas, rubber bullets and horses (including gassing some Episcopal clergy working at the photo op church), the president decides to visit one of the catholic shrines in DC today.
    The archbishop was not impressed by this additional photo op crap:

https://adw.org/wp-content/uploads/s...ss-Release.pdf
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I am not talking about any one place or city so not sure what your 45-53 years is referencing.
    Your original post was referencing "bad policing" which, of course, is all local, so if you weren't referencing a place or city, then what were you talking about? And if you read my previous posts, you'd know that the 45 years is the time that Minneapolis has been ruled by democrats consecutively. It's 53 years in Baltimore, so no, it isn't "both parties". Not at all. Zero accountability.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    So after clearing a path for a photo op yesterday with tear gas, rubber bullets and horses (including gassing some Episcopal clergy working at the photo op church), the president decides to visit one of the catholic shrines in DC today.
    The archbishop was not impressed by this additional photo op crap:

https://adw.org/wp-content/uploads/s...ss-Release.pdf
    And when he was saying nothing, he was criticized for not doing anything. Enough already.

Divisive? Inflamatory? Why, because he's telling places to uphold the law? He's said nothing other than the act on Mr. Floyd was a crime, period. He's calling for law and order. If it's not, then he'll make sure it's upheld? Seems like when he didn't say anything Sunday night, the riots went right on without any of his fuel..and police stood by and watched. If you are referring to him calling rioters "Thugs", welp, go back to what Obama said about the Baltimore riot "Thugs". And having a Black President sure didn't stop riots in Ferguson and Baltiomre and Charlotte. Hmmmm.
    So, Trump is supposed to support anarchy now? Great plan.
    And, yeah. He's been called racist all over the place by *some* on here. #ChildPlease
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-02-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Divisive? Inflamatory? Why, because he's telling places to uphold the law? He's said nothing other than the act on Mr. Floyd was a crime, period. He's calling for law and order. If it's not, then he'll make sure it's upheld? Seems like when he didn't say anything Sunday night, the riots went right on without any of his fuel..and police stood by and watched. If you are referring to him calling rioters "Thugs", welp, go back to what Obama said about the Baltimore riot "Thugs". And having a Black President sure didn't stop riots in Ferguson and Baltiomre and Charlotte. Hmmmm.
    So, Trump is supposed to support anarchy now? Great plan.
    And, yeah. He's been called racist all over the place by *some* on here. #ChildPlease
    Read the room MoR..."Law and Order" as a white person sees it...is different than a person of color sees it. That is the premise of these demonstrations. The "Rule of Law" is not enforced equally (see George Floyd) amongst the population so there is a problem when Trump says keep doing what you have been doing.
    How sweet it is!