Page 659 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 15955960964965765865966066166970975911591659 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 21038

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    AOC and Trump are terrible representatives of this country.
    I agree with this to a point. I don't know that I would really consider AOC a representative of this country as much as a representative of district whatever in NYC. She is one of 435 US Representatives. She is certainly more of a representative of this country than I am, but much less so than Trump I would argue. The House has some crazy MFer's in it. Look up Frederica Wilson - she dresses like Bishop Don Magic Juan if he was a woman and was obsessed with Cowboy Hats. How about Steve King from Iowa? He was the 'legitimate rape' guy, among other claims to fame. Louie Gohmert is another good one.

AOC gets a lot of press coverage in the US because she is young, loud, and obnoxious.
    Eat Donuts!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    They just need to hire some social workers. They can deescalate the situation and address the root of the problem.
    And keep those visiting white power "protesters" out of the city.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

So Floridians do an excellent job with mail-in voting but if you live in Nevada you get sued for doing the same. Crazy lunatics are running the Country..
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    So Floridians do an excellent job with mail-in voting but if you live in Nevada you get sued for doing the same. Crazy lunatics are running the Country..
    I wonder where they could have gotten the idea that mail in voting in areas that aren't prepared for it is a bad idea

Why the Botched N.Y.C. Primary Has Become the November Nightmare
    Nearly six weeks later, two congressional races remain undecided, and officials are trading blame over the mishandling of tens of thousands of mail-in ballots.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/n...ts-voting.html

Then why does it suddenly work for Florida? Stupid.
    2023 Sweet 16

Politics Thread

Didn’t Nevada mail a ballot to everyone but Florida only sent them out for absentee upon request. I honestly don’t know (and don’t feel like looking it up while grilling burgers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bjf123; 08-05-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

What's the difference. You're MAILING in your vote.
    2023 Sweet 16

What's the difference.
    He needs Florida's electoral votes.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

What's the difference. You're MAILING in your vote.
    Absentee voting usually involves a reason why you're voting absentee. Mail in voting is just blanket issuance of ballots to people. With obvious issues in primary elections so far this year ranging from late votes, no post marks, etc. one in five ballots are being rejected. And that's obviously a high rate compared to in person voting.

Also, an increase of mailed in ballots will mean a delay in election results which I'm sure everyone in this country will be fine with...

Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Absentee voting usually involves a reason why you're voting absentee. Mail in voting is just blanket issuance of ballots to people. With obvious issues in primary elections so far this year ranging from late votes, no post marks, etc. one in five ballots are being rejected. And that's obviously a high rate compared to in person voting.

Also, an increase of mailed in ballots will mean a delay in election results which I'm sure everyone in this country will be fine with...
    There’s also the issue of out of date voter registration information. Earlier this year, one of the states mailed primary election ballots to everyone registered to vote. I remember a story about one guy showing the 10-15 ballots that arrived at his apartment, all addressed to the previous occupants of the apartment. Either those voters never updated their registration when they moved or they had died. Regardless, those ballots could easily be filled out by someone and sent in. No reason they wouldn’t be counted.

Of course, when states try to clean up their voter registration by deleting entries for people who hadn’t voted in a number of years, the Left screams “voter suppression!”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.