Page 157 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 571071471551561571581591672072576571157 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    So you side with nazis? That's good look for this message board.
    I may disagree with Go on some things, but he's the least of the problems with some posters on this board. Have to defend him there.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 08-16-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Run the table.

Pasty white dudes, who are reprehensible human beings, assemble for a white supremacist rally, in which they had a permit for.

All 50 alt-left groups violently attack said assembly.

Pasty white dude drives car into crowd and kills someone.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills these days. Looking at that objectively, both sides are to blame. Is it 60/40? 70/30? 50/50? I don't know, and don't think it matters, but both sides are definitely to blame.

The alt-left and alt-right are like 5% of the population with the 95% of normal people stuck in the middle looking at everything going on like, WTF? Let's hope those 95% stay in the middle. The worst thing that could happen is either side gaining support and numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    The alt-left and alt-right are like 5% of the population
    Good god let's hope it's less than that!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Good god let's hope it's less than that!
    Round numbers are easy to visualize.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Round numbers are easy to visualize.
    Let's use 1.0% (nice and round!) to help me sleep better at night. :)

Blaming all sides for this feels like making the student section go to a reflection session.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 08-16-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Run the table.

Ignoring that a lot of Trump’s campaign rhetoric was being the voice for people with these beliefs, filled with hatred and fear mongering continues to be a historically poor stance. It doesn’t take a genius to understand most people who supported him are not extremist hateful people. But casting those people who were in Charlottesville off to the side as coincidences to the Trump hate spewing, fear instilling bullshit that runs this country is something I don’t agree with. Trump not making a statement until “waiting for the facts” has never been in his decision making strategy. Whether you like or dislike our President- this is some of the baggage that comes along with it.

https://twitter.com/markberman/statu...31332687384577
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 08-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Run the table.

A quote I read in WSJ put it well.

Eli Mosley, director of events for Identity Evropa—a group describing itself as “a generation of awakened Europeans”—and one of the Charlottesville rally’s organizers, said Mr. Trump gave groups like his “a megaphone” for their “message and ideas.”

“I would say Trump is not one of us, however he does have an implicit sense of white identity,” he said. “Maybe he doesn’t realize it, but he’s distinctly implying it.”

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Let's use 1.0% (nice and round!) to help me sleep better at night. :)
    Let's not, and say we did. 1.0% is 3.2 million. Ack!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Politics Thread

Anyone watch Vice News on the protests? Vice is left...but after having watching their footage from the rallies....man...it appeared the white supremacists came prepared. They had shields and helmets...and most of the altercations on Vice's show were started by the counter protesters. I think this is exactly what those reprehensible turds wanted.

I just don't know why people can't ignore a bunch of pasty redneck racists. If nobody showed up and the media didn't acknowledge them...it would have just been a bunch of smelly fat racists chanting together with nobody paying the least bit of attention to them.