Page 106 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I had no idea you are a reporter. Which news outlet do you work for?
    I copy and pasted a tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I didn't watch but am interested in seeing if he can lead and change this country. I like what he has done so far. It's time to change the same old same old politics of the US. He is doing what he said he would do and he is creating jobs and improving the economy. I don't care what he looks like as far as looking good in front of a camera. Just make improvements for everyone. I really think the democrats are scared shitless that this guy will succeed because if a different approach from the norm works, that party is screwed.
    What, specifically, do you like that he has done so far? Can you elaborate at how he is 'creating jobs and improving the economy'? There has been a lot of talk, but so far he really hasn't done much of anything outside of some EO's that don't seem to have gone as planned.

Just because he tells you he is saving jobs, doesn't mean it's factually accurate. That's what he does. He lies about what he is doing, and how great it is, and banks on people being either too dumb, or too apathetic to fact check it.

Before you use the stock market's recent run-up as an example of economic improvement, you should consider that fact that (1) the stock market virtually always reacts positively in the short term to the promise of cutting corporate taxes and reducing regulation and (2) it remains to be seen the extent to which either of those will occur (although they seem likely) and the longer-term impact of both the reduced tax rates on the deficit and the reduced regulations on the market. For example: Do you have a 401(K)? What happens to your retirement position if we have another 2008-like event around the time you retire?

Finally, you should also consider Obama delivered a 16% annualized return on the stock market during his Presidency.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The ACLU, which people are in love with right now, actually supported the law.
    Anyone else read this in a "Trump tweet" voice?
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Anyone else read this in a "Trump tweet" voice?
    You can read it however you want but the ACLU also defends the rights of actual Nazis, not just the ones Democrats accuse Republicans of being. The ACLU does do some important things but they also do some really bullshit things. But right now they're being painted as an organization that is performing miracle work. You may disagree with me and approve of everything they do. That's fine, agree to disagree.

You can read it however you want but the ACLU also defends the rights of actual Nazis, not just the ones Democrats accuse Republicans of being. The ACLU does do some important things but they also do some really bullshit things. But right now they're being painted as an organization that is performing miracle work. You may disagree with me and approve of everything they do. That's fine, agree to disagree.
    I assume you're talking about the neo-Nazis in Chicago?

Don't Nazis have rights, too? Are you saying they shouldn't defend the rights of Nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Don't Nazis have rights, too? Are you saying they shouldn't defend the rights of Nazis?
    Ha, they definitely do but when Democrats are openly advocating the beating and punching of whom they term Nazis, I'm guessing they don't give a shit about those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I'm talking about examples like these https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a25fb7459f89 that Democrats/liberals lose their minds over.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Illinois Nazis? I hate Illinois Nazis.

I certainly do not agree with the ACLU on everything, but I've come to appreciate their willingness to stick to their principles even in the face of unpopular causes.