Page 379 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2793293693773783793803813894294798791379 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    "There were meetings at the Justice Department at which it was discussed whether the vice president and a majority of the cabinet could be brought together to remove the president of the United States under the 25th Amendment,” Pelley said on CBS This Morning Thursday, summarizing what McCabe had told him. “These were the eight days from Comey’s firing to the point that Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel. And the highest levels of American law enforcement were trying to figure out what do with the president.”

"Fake news" or biased source or err something
    And Roger Stone may spend the rest of his life in jail. But the guy who wanted the first American coup and got fired for lying isn't going to die in jail.

Roger Stone is a non player but an asshole. If he is on your side, he is a lovable asshole. If he isn't, he is just an asshole. But either way, he is just an egomaniacal asshole. If you have Netflix, watch WHO IS ROGER STONE? He really thinks the world revolves around him and he elected Trump. In truth, in the evidence available they had emails of Stone complaining that Trump won't listen to Stone. He was a non factor.

Think of Lawrence O'Donnell. He is an asshole just the same but in the opposite way. I guess if you like him he is your asshole. I like Stone, I don't like Lawrence. To me he is just an asshole. I think he can be a bit unhinged and dangerous. Think about if a special council investigating Obama went after Lawrence O'Donnell and caught him in a lie and was going to put him in jail for the rest of his life. Of course he is a liar, but who cares about that asshole. Why waste our money trying to document how an egomaniac lies? Same with Stone.

Now McCabe was a lead law enforcement officer and he lied to everyone and got fired from his job. Why doesn't he spend the rest of his life in jail?

They have at least successfully killed Trump's Presidency through the endless investigations. I wonder what the reaction would have been if they would have done the same thing to Obama. Spying on him when he was a political candidate? People would have crucified Bush. They went after Trump before he got elected, and after he got elected, and tried to engage in a coup d'état. One of the guys that did it is now on his book tour. You can't make this shit up.

You can blame Trump, or you can blame the reaction to Trump. We don't have an effective government and people don't trust what used to be credible institutions.

This was the first Presidency where you did not have a peaceful transition of power. People refused to accept Trump. They tried a coup, and they are still doing it.

Meanwhile around 30 million illegal immigrants live in our country according to the high end of the Yale Study. We have no plan, and if you come up with a plan you are a racist White Supremacist. 30 million people would be 100 Cincinnati's just filled with illegal aliens. Last census put us at 296,945.

100 Cincinnati

We don't have adults in charge, thinking about our best interest. This country is going to rip itself apart. Blame Trump all you want. I think the final autopsy will say different. By then it will be too late. This country is headed for civil war.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Also

Seriously, think about if Trump actually colluded with the Russians to steal an American election. Think of how big that would be. It would be a huge news story. Well, it has been a huge news story and we are in the third year of the investigation....

Three years of Russia Russia Russia! Marcia Marcia Marcia!

You think if anyone had any credible evidence that our Trump loving media wouldn't have reported it by now? Seriously.

I have talked to my many liberal friends. They still say things like, well in that speech he asked for the Russians to release the emails. I remember that. He did do that. It was a joke. You might not think it was funny. Lets act like it wasn't a joke, that still isn't a crime. If the Russians do have Hilary's emails, more than 1000 news outlets would like to have the inside scoop and publish them now. I am not sure that anyone would ignore that trainwreck.

Hillary deleted the emails. Tens of thousands of them. Presumably because they would show her in a bad light. Everyone would like to see those emails. People would be mining for Gold. I have liberals and conservatives for friend, and a cousin that was a Bernie Bro protestor that thinks she killed the Democratic party. It is a bipartisan consensus that she is a lying piece of shit.

Over 50% of the people that she met with as Secretary of State (and more importantly, the presumptive next President of the United States) gave contributions to the Clinton Foundation. Russians gave her well over 100 million dollars. Read that again, and then realize that Donald Trump is in year 3 of an investigation of whether he sold out our country to the Russians. You really can't make this stuff up.

But Trump is Hitler, and he is a White Supremacist, and he is mean.

I predicted well before Trump that every election will be about race, and racist Republicans. Man does that prediction look good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'd invite you to read the four if you haven't already. After reading that, I absolutely despise amazon and everything they stand for. They have gotten away with way too much in this country...in terms of replication, again read the four. Its frightening what that company is trying to accomplish...frankly, Bezos being a slimeball and cheating on his wife might be one of the best things for the us that has happened in a long time.

I'm all for capitalism and having success but amazon doesnt play by the same rules as everyone else and that's the problem I have with them.
    Just read except from book and looks damn interesting. I knew some of the shitty practices they have done (including the other three) in the past but looks like this book takes it to a whole different level. Thanks for the suggestion and will report back.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Just read except from book and looks damn interesting. I knew some of the shitty practices they have done (including the other three) in the past but looks like this book takes it to a whole different level. Thanks for the suggestion and will report back.
    No problem. It is a fascinating read. All four have done some pretty heinous things but Facebook and amazon take it to a whole new level for me. I hope mark sucker berg tots in hell.

New York Post
    ‏@nypost

De Blasio rips into AOC's Amazon opposition: Working people 'want jobs' https://nyp.st/2Ebuk61
    They're turning on each other.

Is there anything more 2019 than this Jussie Smollett story?

I've got an idea.

Let's all sign a letter (we'll get Snipe to draft it) asking the Prime Minister of Japan to nominate Muskie for a Nobel Peace Prize.
    That seems to be a method that works.

Muskie certainly deserves it for keeping peace on this board.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I would say Covington takes the cake, but just a week later the MAGA racial outrage of Jussie Smollett does fit in nicely. That happened so close together, I think you can include them in the same story, i.e. the media jumping in on a social media firestorm before anyone knows the facts. I think Jussie Smollett needs to spend some time in jail, but I doubt the Chicago PD would ever have the balls to arrest him in this political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I would say Covington takes the cake, but just a week later the MAGA racial outrage of Jussie Smollett does fit in nicely. That happened so close together, I think you can include them in the same story, i.e. the media jumping in on a social media firestorm before anyone knows the facts. I think Jussie Smollett needs to spend some time in jail, but I doubt the Chicago PD would ever have the balls to arrest him in this political climate.
    They don't care. They want these stories to be true so they'll keep reporting them as fact and no one will issue a correction or be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The majority of people here in Chicago suspected a hoax from the get go. There is a popular crime blog that was sharing inside information early on stating so. Just a shame that the media hopped on right away because it fit their narrative. As soon as it didn't certain vocal media critics here went silent.