Page 599 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 9949954958959759859960060160964969910991599 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 21026

Thread: Politics Thread

Watching some news now, with video of marchers in New York, I think walking over the Brooklyn bridge.
    There's a guy with an X ball cap, and my wife keeps jumping up and pointing to him every time they happen to pan over that section of the crowd.

(We need sports back in a BAD way)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

[QUOTE=GoMuskies;676605]Ingraham is an idiot. As is Owens (why is someone quoting her?).

Owens tweeted a video along with that quote. Some here might find it an interesting slant. https://t.co/Lnxz0usrp5

She does have over 2 million followers...

Black woman saying crazy wingnut stuff is a certain kind of Republican's wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Black woman saying crazy wingnut stuff is a certain kind of Republican's wet dream.
    Why is it crazy wingnut stuff? You don't think she as a black woman has experienced racism growing up and as an adult? Just because she doesn't go along with what she is "supposed" to think like as a black person?

Apply that logic to serious people like Clarence Thomas and Condoleezza Rice, and I agree. For people like Owens and Omarossa, not so much.

The NYT may have been fundamentally changed today because they published a moderately provocative OP-ed from a sitting US Senator. Wild times.

Former authors of NYT OP-ed pieces that caused no such stir/issues: Adolph Hitler. Muammar Gaddafi. Vladimir Putin.

Lisa Murkowski slipped up:

"When I saw General Mattis' comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we are getting to a point where we can be more honest with the concerns that we might hold internally and have the courage of our own convictions to speak up."
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The NYT may have been fundamentally changed today because they published a moderately provocative OP-ed from a sitting US Senator. Wild times.

Former authors of NYT OP-ed pieces that caused no such stir/issues: Adolph Hitler. Muammar Gaddafi. Vladimir Putin.
    Nope. They have now apologized for publishing that Op-Ed, saying they need to rethink their editorial review process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Nope. They have now apologized for publishing that Op-Ed, saying they need to rethink their editorial review process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's my point. They are going to reduce the number of op eds.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    The Police Dept. will not only see a 43%-48% increase in their budget next year instead of the instead of a 56% increase.

"The Los Angeles Police Department was set to receive a large increase in its annual budget from $1.189 billion last year to $1.86 billion (most of the budget increases were for new police bonuses) for 2020-2021 before Garcetti axed that move Wednesday, cutting $100-$150 million"
    Having a little trouble understanding your post. Are you saying LA police is still getting 43% to 48% increase in pay? If so, not sure I’m reading this one the same way. Please bear with me because I’m probably one of the knuckleheads on this site.

Looks like they’re not getting any extra money next year and decreasing the budget about 1.5 million. I’ve seen articles that state the proposed 53% increase was already downgraded to 7% before this last request. We all know the lack of tax revenues is going to strain a lot of local governments budgets this year because of covid. This situation obviously gives all municipalities an opportunity to cut the overall budgets and make (some) people fill good about it.

https://twitter.com/cd6nury/status/1...556123649?s=12

Interesting letter from the LA city council.