Page 414 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3143644044124134144154164244645149141414 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I don’t think the Russians really cared who won in 2016. They just wanted to create divisiveness and internal problems for us. I’m thinking that if Hillary had won, the Republicans in Congress would have gone nuts claiming Russian interference helped Hillary and launched a bunch of useless investigations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you calling Putin a liar? See link:https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...a-reax-vpx.cnn.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    You're really reaching on this one.

Donna Brazile leaking debate questions is a better example that I don't think got enough attention.
    Well we can agree on that.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Unfortunately the press did a great job of labeling them as far right and leaders of the Republican party. Fact is they’re Libertarians. They believe in free trade, for amnesty (dreamers) and do not support Trump.
    I don't see this as a false characterization by the press, just a change in the environment around the Kochs. Libertarians had been right at home in the Republican party for a long time. When the Tea Party was going strong libertarians, and by extension the Kochs, pretty much were the leaders of the Republican Party. Now the Republican party has moved, especially fiscally, away from where it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I don't see this as a false characterization by the press, just a change in the environment around the Kochs. Libertarians had been right at home in the Republican party for a long time. When the Tea Party was going strong libertarians, and by extension the Kochs, pretty much were the leaders of the Republican Party. Now the Republican party has moved, especially fiscally, away from where it was then.
    Fair and a lot to unpack hear CAF (thanks for that LOL). I agree with GO on Charles being an issue guy more than partisan. That’s not how the Democrats and press presented them and we even had a poster call them far right extremists. As for recently moving away from party because of spending, could be a big reason but how do you explain why they would want Democrats in Congress?

As you know Tea Party was created by two main factors spending and size/scope of government. Yes early movement was during Bush and intensified under Obama. Did they support the Tea Party and give a lot of PAC money to candidates. Absolutely. Leaders tho? I don’t think so because the main down fall of Tea Party was they didn’t have any true leaders. Santelli is credited with starting the party but was not the true leader. This was the main reason TP had so many bad candidates (minus Rand Paul IMO and few others).

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Are you calling Putin a liar? See link:https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...a-reax-vpx.cnn.
    Didn’t he used to run the KGB, or whatever it’s called today? He’ll say whatever is most beneficial at the time. Had someone asked about President Hillary, I have a funny feeling that he’d say Russia wanted her to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Such a shame what's happening to Oberlin College. I wonder how many dollars in punitives the jury would have awarded them if they weren't capped at $22 million.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...s-bakery-case/

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Such a shame what's happening to Oberlin College. I wonder how many dollars in punitives the jury would have awarded them if they weren't capped at $22 million.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...s-bakery-case/
    This makes my day.
    X A V I E R

So Donald Trump is going to live forever AND remain President of the United States the whole time. That's big news heading into the weekend.

Glad he wobbled on starting WWIII.
    2023 Sweet 16