Page 774 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 27467472476477277377477577678482487412741774 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If it's $750 on line 56, that suggests he got a refund of the $1 million and $4.2 million.
    Line 56 asks you to deduct credits from your tax liability. It doesn't mean a refund.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Line 56 asks you to deduct credits from your tax liability. It doesn't mean a refund.
    Line 56 (on the 2016 form) is total tax liability before payments. If he made $1 million and $4.2 million of estimated payments, then he was getting all that back if line 56 said $750.

If Trump didn't do any illegal, I don't care if he used the tax code to pay less taxes.

Joe Biden used a series of tax code loopholes to avoid paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes over the years.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ecurity-taxes/

If anyone thinks that it's just Trump who's using legal tax loopholes to avoid paying taxes, then I got a bridge to sell you. Everyone with money does it. Keep your money and pay a tax expert to find the loopholes to avoid those taxes. That's the American way unfortunately.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    If anyone thinks that it's just Trump who's using legal tax loopholes to avoid paying taxes, then I got a bridge to sell you. Everyone with money does it. Keep your money and pay a tax expert to find the loopholes to avoid those taxes. That's the American way unfortunately.
    And yet the media and Democrats only wet their diapers when Trump does it.

It always seemed to me that the larger questions were having Russian buyers pay inflated prices for real estate, and the loans from Deutsche bank that might have been backed by the state bank of Russia. Those seemed to be plausible reasons for his refusal to be hard on the Russians when situations seemed to warrant.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Line 56 (on the 2016 form) is total tax liability before payments. If he made $1 million and $4.2 million of estimated payments, then he was getting all that back if line 56 said $750.
    I don't know what form you are looking at, but here is the 2016 1040 form link: https://www.efile.com/tax-form/tax-y...tax-return.pdf. Seems pretty clear that line 56 asks you to deduct credits (not taxes withheld) from your estimated tax liability to get your actual taxes owed.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Did Trump pay more to Stormy Daniels than he did to the IRS?? Because if he did, that's pretty funny!! I think my opinion of him was just elevated by several levels!
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-28-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I don't know what form you are looking at, but here is the 2016 1040 form link: https://www.efile.com/tax-form/tax-y...tax-return.pdf. Seems pretty clear that line 56 asks you to deduct credits (not taxes withheld) from your estimated tax liability to get your actual taxes owed.
    Yes, taxes owed on line 56 would be $750. Then you get down to line 74, and total payments apparently were $1 million and $4.2 million in 16 and 17, respectively. Line 74 would exceed line 63 (let's assume line 63 is the same as line 56), and Trump would get a full refund minus $750.

I don't think he really cared if we saw what he paid or didn't pay in taxes.

He cares that we all know he is a shitty business man with a significantly lower net worth than he claims.