Page 817 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 31771776780781581681781881982786791713171817 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 21247

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Who would you vote for if there was a legit third party candidate??

Trump?, or
    Biden?, or
    President Skroob?

https://twentytwowords.com/mel-brook...KinryowuyUSE7w
    Why didn’t anyone tell me my ass was so big?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Constitutional Crisis question....

What happens if Biden drops out? People are already voting and reprinting all the ballots would be impossible. My guess is that Kamala Harris would take his place, but is it as simple as that? Technically, no one would have casted a vote for her as president unless they wrote her in. So...what happens?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

A civil debate is somewhat disorienting! The threat of shutting off the microphone and embarrassing you for being an A-Hole makes this a better process. Hell, I don’t even watch ESPN anymore because I hate people shouting over each other. I think it reminds me too much of my wife’s giant Lebanese family!

Joe Biden said we were on good terms with Hitler at first. I don’t even know how to respond to that.

When will Donald Trump finally explain the the actual specifics of his health care plan? No matter how pointedly he is asked about it, he never answers it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Joe Biden said we were on good terms with Hitler at first. I don’t even know how to respond to that.

When will Donald Trump finally explain the the actual specifics of his health care plan? No matter how pointedly he is asked about it, he never answers it.
    I think Hitler was like Mrs O’Leary’s cow, until........you know. Oops!

Trump will lay out the health care plan right after his tax returns come out.........which is to say............never.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I think Hitler was like Mrs O’Leary’s cow, until........you know. Oops!

Trump will lay out the health care plan right after his tax returns come out.........which is to say............never.
    yeah 2 weeks....2weeks...
    2023 Sweet 16

Trump benefits from low expectations. He seems almost sane tonight.

I think its pretty clear. He doesn't want broad socialized medicine and wants to leave it basically the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Trump benefits from low expectations. He seems almost sane tonight.
    That was my reaction as well, particularly for the first hour of the debate. The mere fact that he stayed on topic and didn't try to physically take Joe Biden's microphone from him at any point in an attempt to continue speaking after he had been muted was a win for the Trump camp. It was a very low bar, but still - he cleared it. I think it's the inverse in some ways of the first debate in which Biden basically won by being able to speak in complete sentences and not having a stroke on the actual debate stage.

Other than that I don't think we really learned anything.

A few thoughts:

1. Hunter Biden is probably at least a little shady and almost certainly tried to benefit financially from being the VP's kid. It's unclear (and definitely unproven) if Joe had any knowledge or involvement. I'm not sure anyone really cares that much, though. Except people who are already voting for Biden.

2. Trump is at least a little shady and almost certainly has problematic overseas businesses and investments. This is doubly true for many of his close associates. I'm not sure anyone really cares that much though. Except people who are already not voting for Trump.

3. Trump is almost running as if he wasn't the sitting President, which is interesting. For example: attacking Biden / Obama for 'not getting more done' on Healthcare in 8 years, while never having actually laid out a plan for Healthcare himself despite 4 years in office spent trying to dismantle the ACA. Whether you like it or not, the ACA was probably the largest health care reform in a generation or more.

4. Biden had a much better command of talking points and strategy, however at times he tried too hard to bring things back to his key topics - mostly COVID and the Middle Class. Joe is definitely not a great debater or orator.

5. I think that Biden was at his best when he was talking about being a President for all Americans, which was a concept that Trump repeatedly seemed bewildered by. Trump sees the world in such a transactional, black and white, way that the concept of trying to help people who didn't vote for him literally baffles him.

6. I thought that the closing was probably Biden's best moment, and likely Trump's worst.

Note to the board's resident lunatics: I'm not following any twitter links to QAnon sources or any of that bullshit, so don't bother posting in response. You know who you are. I'm not responding to anyone that I don't think has the wherewithal to have a substantive discussion.
    Eat Donuts!

I'm not convinced yet that the DOJ won't come out with something, anything really, to derail the process.
    There's no question that Comey's remarks a week before the election had an impact, especially in the swing states.
    Efforts this time to make a negative about Hunter (who's not on the ticket I don't think) aren't getting the same, widespread coverage/impact.
    Will be an interesting final 11 days waiting for an October surprise that might get traction.

Took me an hour the other day to wait in line to vote. Lots of early voters this year in our county.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.