Page 771 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 27167172176176977077177277378182187112711771 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

I am SO glad Muskie created this to stick all the politics in one place. It’s fine if you need a release here, but if it leaked into everything else (as can and does easily happen), it becomes extremely tiresome and Xavier basketball loses it’s focus. In this thread, you can decide whether to participate or shy away.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    You're full of more crap than I thought if you think the Dems wouldn't try to get another justice on the Supreme Court in this situation if they held the Presidency and the Senate.

You love your polls don't you. You probably had your champagne on ice in '16 waiting for Hillary to win. ALL the polls and media said Trump had NO SHOT!! Do you really want me to post the video of Dems and the media prior to the election saying Trump will NEVER be president?

Both sides are hypocrites. The same guys who are saying wait were castigating McConnell four years ago for doing just that.

50% of your 'pubs voted for it. So I guess they're full of crap. Stop belittling your own party!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Both sides are hypocrites. The same guys who are saying wait were castigating McConnell four years ago for doing just that.
    ^^^This^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Direct quote: “The Constitution requires the president to submit nominations to the Senate for its advice and consent. Since the Supreme Court was established in 1789, presidents have submitted 163 nominations for the Court, including those for chief justice.”

It’s not up to “the people”. It doesn’t matter what the people think.

It’s not up to ignorant liberals who believe their means justify their ludicrous ends. Stupid narrative.

Let the nut jobs tear into her like they did with their fabrications and lies about Kavanaugh, and watch them lose more votes in the process.

Economic policy.

Law and order.

Basic decency.

Biden, liberals and the Democratic Party are epic failures in all 3 key categories.
    X A V I E R

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Direct quote: “The Constitution requires the president to submit nominations to the Senate for its advice and consent. Since the Supreme Court was established in 1789, presidents have submitted 163 nominations for the Court, including those for chief justice.”

It’s not up to “the people”. It doesn’t matter what the people think.

It’s not up to ignorant liberals who believe their means justify their ludicrous ends. Stupid narrative.

Let the nut jobs tear into her like they did with their fabrications and lies about Kavanaugh, and watch them lose more votes in the process.

Economic policy.

Law and order.

Basic decency.

Biden, liberals and the Democratic Party are epic failures in all 3 key categories.
    Why wasn't that also true 4 years ago?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Because Republicans had control of the Senate. They were not required by the Constitution to go forward with the President's nomination.

If the Democrats had control of the Senate 4 years ago, Obama would've got his person on the Supreme Court.

Study the history of the Supreme Court nominations. What the Republicans are doing is not something new. I know the Dems are saying it's not legitimate, but it DEFINITELY is.

So, you are completely ignorant of how it is supposed to work?

4 years ago has nothing to do with anything.
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Because, like it or not, the GOP wants the Supreme Court more badly than Democrats do.

They also understood that "Politics start at the local level" a decade ago (well, maybe at the state level) when they started gaining legislative and gubernatorial majorities for most of the states. At least Democrats have finally understood the importance of the latter.