Page 397 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2973473873953963973983994074474978971397 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Why is it worth it? I am genuinely asking and interested in your reasoning?
    From my view it's worth it solely for intellectual property. In my understanding shifting production back to the United States is fairly unrealistic. However in the face of enormous income inequality partly boosted by suppressed Chinese wages and resulting prices, it's worth a shot to bring back those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Amazing how the Leftist Dems in the House are way more concerned with perpetuating a non-crime, and the alleged "obstruction" of that non-crime by throwing up red herrings and smoke by wanting to hold countless "hearings" and "conferences" to further a disproven Conspiracy Theory. Rather, how about actually addressing legislation that may help solve the current Immigration Crisis- which it really is despite Jim Acosta's carefully placed visit to a remote Texas border location where no one tries to cross- and health care and infrastructure issues. How about just stopping the Trump Derangement Syndrome and maybe do something you were elected to do?

This next election is gonna be fun. A bunch of 2 year Reps that got elected that will be running for re-election on a platform of nothing done but preaching hatred of the current administration and boolsheet. Can't wait to see that empty sheet of accomplishments. That's definitely a plan to govern, Dems. Keep shooting yourselves in the ass[.

Question...

What makes you so sure that isn't going to work?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Amazing how the Leftist Dems in the House are way more concerned with perpetuating a non-crime, and the alleged "obstruction" of that non-crime by throwing up red herrings and smoke by wanting to hold countless "hearings" and "conferences" to further a disproven Conspiracy Theory. Rather, how about actually addressing legislation that may help solve the current Immigration Crisis- which it really is despite Jim Acosta's carefully placed visit to a remote Texas border location where no one tries to cross- and health care and infrastructure issues. How about just stopping the Trump Derangement Syndrome and maybe do something you were elected to do?

This next election is gonna be fun. A bunch of 2 year Reps that got elected that will be running for re-election on a platform of nothing done but preaching hatred of the current administration and boolsheet. Can't wait to see that empty sheet of accomplishments. That's definitely a plan to govern, Dems. Keep shooting yourselves in the ass.
    AOC is focused on saving ducks from becoming duct tape, so she has that resume event to offer.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    AOC is focused on saving ducks from becoming duct tape, so she has that resume event to offer.
    People get excited by AOC's and the Steve Kings in Congress. Keep in mind they are 1/535th. Lots of morons running around including the "grim reaper" lol
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    People get excited by AOC's and the Steve Kings in Congress. Keep in mind they are 1/535th. Lots of morons running around including the "grim reaper" lol
    Nice try. She doesn't excite me. She makes me laugh.

And she is an embarrassment to the Democratic Party, along with Pocahontas and a number of other loons.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    From my view it's worth it solely for intellectual property. In my understanding shifting production back to the United States is fairly unrealistic. However in the face of enormous income inequality partly boosted by suppressed Chinese wages and resulting prices, it's worth a shot to bring back those jobs.
    I agree caf. All the hand wringing about tariffs is a little tiresome. There’s a reason other countries do it to us and we did it to them in the past. We simply can’t afford to be totally altruistic in trade all the time. Something has to be done about China and nobody else seems to have any plan other then to let them keep taking us for all we’re worth. And I don’t think it plays badly politically at all. Trumps base is made up of probably the majority of people who’ve been complaining about cheap Chinese goods and the Chinese taking American jobs for years. People are happy to see a little push back even if it means higher prices

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    And she is an embarrassment to the Democratic Party, along with Pocahontas and a number of other loons.
    Elizabeth Warren is a brilliant, accomplished professional who I happen to disagree with politically on just about everything. AOC is neither brilliant nor accomplished and does not belong in a comparison with Warren.

Just joined the #walkout of the House chamber to protest the shameful, politically-motivated GOP vote holding AG Holder in contempt

Jerry Nadler
    Tweeted in 2012

Perhaps slightly hypocritical? Never mind - forgot there “was not one whisper of a scandal” in Obama’s administration according to Biden.

How can the House accomplish any of the things you want when McConnell will just block it in the Senate?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I agree caf. All the hand wringing about tariffs is a little tiresome. There’s a reason other countries do it to us and we did it to them in the past. We simply can’t afford to be totally altruistic in trade all the time. Something has to be done about China and nobody else seems to have any plan other then to let them keep taking us for all we’re worth. And I don’t think it plays badly politically at all. Trumps base is made up of probably the majority of people who’ve been complaining about cheap Chinese goods and the Chinese taking American jobs for years. People are happy to see a little push back even if it means higher prices
    Including our Democrat Senator Sherrod Brown. I'm actually not hearing too much squawk from the Dems about this- probably because they've been privately wishing for this for a while, but they're too chickensheet too do anything.
    This is actually going to play well, and with the economy going good it's the best time to do it. Obama was too scared.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell