Page 633 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 13353358362363163263363463564368373311331633 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I don't really get all of the PPP shaming that is going around right now (as compared to when the first round of money dried up before the smallest of small businesses could get to it). So long as the company used the money to properly pay their employees and maintain their employment numbers, it seems like the program worked. Who cares if they donated to a Republican or Democrat, so long as there wasn't special treatment in obtaining the loan or outright fraud.

(full disclosure: I received a PPP loan)
    Public reps with the man keeping me down. It's a gotcha with no substance. I'm pretty sure there's still money left in the program, so it's not like these folks got it at the expense of others.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I don't really get all of the PPP shaming that is going around right now (as compared to when the first round of money dried up before the smallest of small businesses could get to it). So long as the company used the money to properly pay their employees and maintain their employment numbers, it seems like the program worked. Who cares if they donated to a Republican or Democrat, so long as there wasn't special treatment in obtaining the loan or outright fraud.

(full disclosure: I received a PPP loan)
    The math says that over 41% of the PPP money went to companies connected with Trump campaign donors, and they got in at the head of the line when you see when they were awarded the "loans". Nothing says "draining the swamp" like doling out tax dollars to your friends, and then trying to hide what you did.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    The math says that over 41% of the PPP money went to companies connected with Trump campaign donors, and they got in at the head of the line when you see when they were awarded the "loans". Nothing says "draining the swamp" like doling out tax dollars to your friends, and then trying to hide what you did.
    Really stretching and looking for something that isnt there. Sounds familiar.

Marquette University threatened to rescind student’s admission over pro-Trump TikTok video

https://www.thecollegefix.com/marque...-tiktok-video/

We're inclusive if you agree with everything we say or want you to think...

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Marquette University threatened to rescind student’s admission over pro-Trump TikTok video

https://www.thecollegefix.com/marque...-tiktok-video/

We're inclusive if you agree with everything we say or want you to think...
    I remember when universities welcomed differing views and beliefs. Seems like all of academia is being overrun by woke libs who will do everything they can to shut down opposing beliefs. SMH.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Supporting Member
    Didnt think there was something worse than twitter, but yeah tiktok takes over that mantle. Regardless, freaking ridiculous het admission should be in question due to political beliefs. As long as she isnt spewing hate speech like desean jackson, marquette and the idiots should keep quiet.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Really stretching and looking for something that isnt there. Sounds familiar.
    Just passing along information. Do with it what you want. But to me, it smacks more of "more of the same" rather than "draining the swamp".
    Last edited by X-man; 07-07-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Just passing along information. Do with it what you want. But to me, it smacks more of "more of the same" rather than "draining the swamp".
    From the article "The AP noted that there is no evidence these companies received better treatment because of their donations to the president, and their loans only accounted for a portion of the $659 billion loan program."

Just keep lobbing shit grenades against the wall, something will stick eventually!
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I thought giving a million stimulus checks totaling 1.4 billion going to dead people might be a little more concerning? Government inefficiency is always my big thing. Yes corporate cronyism always sucks but...

I can only speak from personal experience, but at no time did our bank ask if we were Trump campaign donors. Your place in line was determined by when you submitted a properly completed application. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.