Page 167 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 671171571651661671681691772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Like Chris Carter told the rookies a few years ago....."if you got a crew...you got to have a fall guy"

Manafort aint the first and he certainly won't be the last person to take a grenade for a President.
    No grenade. Trump will pardon him instantly.
    2023 Sweet 16

Last edited by Snipe; 10-04-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    You won't have to wait long. PR has no money and zero tax income for months. Miami and NY get ready.
    2023 Sweet 16

The Republican Senator from Tennessee injects a little humor into Sunday morning:

Senator Bob Corker

@SenBobCorker

It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

THE DRUG INDUSTRY’S TRIUMPH OVER THE DEA - WP

I'm posting this in case anyone hasn't seen the 60 minutes story. A really outrageous failure of government at many levels.

US government is a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    THE DRUG INDUSTRY’S TRIUMPH OVER THE DEA - WP

I'm posting this in case anyone hasn't seen the 60 minutes story. A really outrageous failure of government at many levels.
    I love the way the Washington Post, which has lost all sense of objectivity, tries to blame this whole mess on Congress.
    You do know that all this ish happened under Obama's DOJ, right? Trump is inheriting the problem that Obama's incompetent crew like Holder and Lynch allowed to happen. I guess they were too busy trying to prosecute and persecute Cops who were just trying to enforce the law. The 60 Minutes report made it clear that this garbage started back when the watchdogs were called off the scent of the drug distributors like McKesson in 2009. This whole thing was allowed to fester and grow under an incompetent administration. Now the piper is being paid, but those that perpetrated the mess aren't called to account.

" The White House was equally unaware of the bill’s import when President Barack Obama signed it into law, according to interviews with former senior administration officials.

Top officials at the White House and the Justice Department have declined to discuss how the bill came to pass."

And...

"Loretta E. Lynch, who was attorney general at the time, declined a recent interview request.

Obama also declined to discuss the law. His spokeswoman, Katie Hill, referred reporters to Botticelli’s statement."
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 10-17-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I love the way the Washington Post, which has lost all sense of objectivity, tries to blame this whole mess on Congress.
    You do know that all this ish happened under Obama's DOJ, right? Trump is inheriting the problem that Obama's incompetent crew like Holder and Lynch allowed to happen. I guess they were too busy trying to prosecute and persecute Cops who were just trying to enforce the law.

" The White House was equally unaware of the bill’s import when President Barack Obama signed it into law, according to interviews with former senior administration officials.

Top officials at the White House and the Justice Department have declined to discuss how the bill came to pass."

And...

"Loretta E. Lynch, who was attorney general at the time, declined a recent interview request.

Obama also declined to discuss the law. His spokeswoman, Katie Hill, referred reporters to Botticelli’s statement."
    I do know that, and as those quotes you pasted show, so do the authors. Obama being unaware of the bill's impact, signing it anyway, then refusing to comment is damning and inexcusable. What more should the authors have said about Obama's involvement other than he signed something he didn't understand?

Well, this is kind of a problem.... unlike the "Russian influence over Trump-where nothing at all has been discovered.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...nistration?amp
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 10-18-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Just so long as you also credit Trump when the market corrects.
    BOOM! 23,000!

Oh, not the correction to which you were eluding?..