Page 147 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 47971371451461471481491571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    And I'll agree on both of your points. My point is there are a lot of biased sources on both sides who have something to gain. But before everyone hollers out about impeachment, maybe we wait and see who actually reported what, what Trump actually did, etc. Again, Trump is a moron who might have did something illegal and/or dumb. But there is as good of a chance that this is another liberal/media freak out as we are accustomed to have almost daily nowadays.
    You don't really have to rely (entirely) on the 'liberal media' though.

Trump tweeted that he 'appropriately' shared classified information with the Russians. There was nothing illegal there, because the President can basically disclose any classified information he wants, to anybody he wants to disclose it to, as I understand it. I would argue that sharing that information gratuitously with a political adversary before you have shared it with your allies is a pretty stupid thing to do, but he is pretty stupid. I think we can all agree on that. When you layer in the ongoing investigation against his campaign for potentially colluding with Russia it makes his comments almost mindbogglingly dumb.

The Comey thing is more nuanced, but potentially more severe. I'm interested to see what comes out of this. I will agree with you that the calls for impeachment at this point are premature, but this could very well head that way if the facts are as Comey is stating. Do you really have a hard time seeing Trump try to throw his weight around the make the investigation go away? That seems like vintage Trump to me.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Trump tweeted that he 'appropriately' shared classified information with the Russians.
    Info that came from an Isis embedded Israeli spy? Hate to be that guy this week. They could just kill everybody who ever remotely came in contact with their plan.
    Plus, nice of the Ruskies to volunteer to tell us what happened at the meeting. Wow.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    You don't really have to rely (entirely) on the 'liberal media' though.

Trump tweeted that he 'appropriately' shared classified information with the Russians. There was nothing illegal there, because the President can basically disclose any classified information he wants, to anybody he wants to disclose it to, as I understand it. I would argue that sharing that information gratuitously with a political adversary before you have shared it with your allies is a pretty stupid thing to do, but he is pretty stupid. I think we can all agree on that. When you layer in the ongoing investigation against his campaign for potentially colluding with Russia it makes his comments almost mindbogglingly dumb.

The Comey thing is more nuanced, but potentially more severe. I'm interested to see what comes out of this. I will agree with you that the calls for impeachment at this point are premature, but this could very well head that way if the facts are as Comey is stating. Do you really have a hard time seeing Trump try to throw his weight around the make the investigation go away? That seems like vintage Trump to me.
    I stole this from someone on twitter but it applies

If Trump told Comey to "stop investigating" as Comey memo alleges then why did Comey state this on May 3 under oath? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a4f57c61b54d

Last edited by Juice; 05-17-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Take it up with the Justice Department.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I stole this from someone on twitter but it applies

If Trump told Comey to "stop investigating" as Comey memo alleges then why did Comey state this on May 3 under oath? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a4f57c61b54d

You're dodging. The memo and the firing are not proof of anything on their own. Combined and they raise a lot of questions and concerns.

Mueller is a good pick. Let's get to the bottom of it and put this behind us.

Jeb trump drops out of Saudi event due to "low energy".
    2023 Sweet 16