Page 962 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 4628629129529609619629639649721012106214621962 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. Take some responsibility for the actions of the unhinged in your camp. Get off the fucking internet for a while. And stop devaluing the worth of a Xavier education with this drivel.
    I really don't know what the right answer is with some people. When I support something from the left, they lose their minds. When I say that I voted down ballot for some Republicans in this election, they lose their minds. Maybe I have to go conspiracy theory right for them.
    I'm really, really confused.... you said "your camp" meaning me, but then you proceeded to admit that "I voted down ballot for some Republicans in this election". So, wouldn't that mean that you are also in my camp, and doesn't that mean you should also be taking some responsibility for the actions of the unhinged in your/our camp.

Asking for a friend....

I really don't know what the right answer is with some people. When I support something from the left, they lose their minds. When I say that I voted down ballot for some Republicans in this election, they lose their minds. Maybe I have to go conspiracy theory right for them.
    I've been called a Liberal like 1,000 times in this thread. Never by an actual liberal though :)

There are some people who basically consider everyone who isn't a complete psycho a Democrat. They use Democrat as an insult, not a person with a different political viewpoint. They don't seem to even understand the concept of someone being a moderate, independent, Libertarian etc.

I assume those people consume a lot of 'opinion news' type media (Hannity, Tucker Carlson, etc.) that rails against 'liberals' continuously. So people either share their views, or they are 'liberal'. There isn't room in their worldview for shades of grey or nuance, that would create a glitch in the matrix.

Most humans do better with picking a side and defending it than they do with viewing issues from multiple viewpoints (particularly those other than their own). Sometimes you are right, and sometimes you are wrong. You are never uncertain though.
    Eat Donuts!

Trump has been impeachd again. Likely to be convicted this time, but what exactly is the point of impeaching and removing someone who is already out of office (which Trump will be by the time the Senate takes this up)?

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    but what exactly is the point of impeaching and removing someone who is already out of office (which Trump will be by the time the Senate takes this up)?
    Revenge.

Trump has been impeachd again. Likely to be convicted this time, but what exactly is the point of impeaching and removing someone who is already out of office (which Trump will be by the time the Senate takes this up)?
    I'm at a loss for this as well. In principle I think he committed offenses worthy of being impeached, removed, and barred from holding future office. At this point going along with that might be the smart play for Republicans, so maybe they think they have the votes in the Senate? McConnell seems genuinely pissed, and Trump can only hurt them at this point, IMO. Probably the best thing for the Republican party is if Trump, and his family, become political pariahs who aren't a threat to hold future office or wield significant influence.

I'm not really in support of this though, mostly because I think there is a lot of important shit that the Senate needs to doing right a way due to what a shit show this transition has been.
    Eat Donuts!

I would guess to vote on a penalty that would disallow him from holding office again.
    Might also affect his pension !
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    This has been the most bizarre presidency I can remember. I think this one even trumps Nixon which I ever thought would happen. The president basically wanted his followers to storm the capital and lynch the Vice President that is part of his party and who he selected to be his running mate. Just crazy.

Hope this goes to trial. No one wants discovery to come to light...

Remember when several of the (most respected) members of Trump's Cabinet came out and said things like "He is a threat to the Country", and "He is the most flawed human being I have ever met"? Turns out we should have listened to them. That's why this is the most bizarre Presidency any of us can remember.
    Eat Donuts!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Hope this goes to trial. No one wants discovery to come to light...
    I'm with ya - the more entertaining the better.

At this point in my life, I have zero respect for politicians. Watching them squirm gives me joy.