Page 300 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2002502902982993003013023103504008001300 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I think the political calculation is fairly simple.
    If they call/hear no other witnesses to the committee, if they do no independent investigation which might provide corroboration,...they are left with the old he said/she said.
    Simple then to vote and say they believe him, not her.
    I mean, both witnesses have already denied it right? And she's already said she can't remember the exact date or location, so an investigation is practically impossible.

Sophomore
    Check that. All 4 witnesses she's named have now denied it. The female classmate says she wasn't there and doesn't even know Kavanaugh.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    How many guys tried to cop a feel at a party after everyone had been drinking?

We can all at least agree that this type of behavior isn't ok right...right?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

New witness. "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."
    The lawyer acknowledged to CNN that Keyser is a lifelong friend of Ford's.
    https://twitter.com/evanperez/status...194718208?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    We can all at least agree that this type of behavior isn't ok right...right?
    Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

If you go back to what happened in high school and college in the 70s and early 80s, it would probably preclude a LOT of people from ever holding public office. How many guys tried to cop a feel at a party after everyone had been drinking?
    I had to go back to make sure, but somehow you were the same guy who said this:

I don’t have kids, so I have no dog in this fight. If I had a son, I would be equally afraid for him. In today’s society, the guy is presumed guilty until proven innocent.
    Man you have a perplexing view of sexual assault in our society.

Not quite sure the point you’re trying to make. Those two statements are mutually exclusive. I will say that the definition of sexual assault has changed over the years. 30 years ago, a wolf whistle or pat on the rear were seen as the guy being a jerk. Today, those are considered a sexual assault.

In today’s society, you can have consensual sex with someone and, after the fact, the other person can decide it was a mistake and claim a sexual assault or rape. I’m sorry, but that’s wrong.

Don’t know if you live in Cincinnati now, but former county prosecutor, Mike Allen, now a criminal defense attorney, has filed multiple lawsuits against local schools where the male student was suspended or expelled in that scenario. That would be the fear I’d have if I had a college aged son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Not quite sure the point you’re trying to make. Those two statements are mutually exclusive. I will say that the definition of sexual assault has changed over the years. 30 years ago, a wolf whistle or pat on the rear were seen as the guy being a jerk. Today, those are considered a sexual assault.

In today’s society, you can have consensual sex with someone and, after the fact, the other person can decide it was a mistake and claim a sexual assault or rape. I’m sorry, but that’s wrong.

Don’t know if you live in Cincinnati now, but former county prosecutor, Mike Allen, now a criminal defense attorney, has filed multiple lawsuits against local schools where the male student was suspended or expelled in that scenario. That would be the fear I’d have if I had a college aged son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The point I'm trying to make is not that they're mutually exclusive, but that your view is clearly inconsistent and being bent when convenient. In this discussion you've managed to say that sexual assault shouldn't preclude Kavanaugh basically because everyone was doing it. However, not enough people are doing it today to make someone more afraid of sexual assault for a daughter than they are of wrongful allegations against a son.

I think what you're referring to as "in today's society", is just college campuses. Which is a problem, but no where near the scale of sexual assault on campuses. These schools rightfully have had the pants sued off of them. Not that comparing the two is useful or worthwhile in anyway whatsoever. They are both bad and one does not diminish the other.
    Last edited by Caf; 09-24-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Supporting Member
    This is the kind of crap I'm talking about when I say I'm fearful for my son....this kind of stuff is complete bs...such a good catholic girl getting blitzed out of her mind at a college frat house does something she feels guilty doing so starts blaming someone. I heard about this kind of crap happen in college when a girl would get drunk underage, do something with consent but then next morning feel guilty about it, and oh the guy tricked me etc.