Page 2079 of 2105 FirstFirst ... 10791579197920292069207720782079208020812089 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,790 of 21049

Thread: Politics Thread

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Let's look at a few seats contested:

West Virginia - Joe Manchin retired. No way in hell Democrats hold this seat.
    Ohio - Sherrod Brown is a 3-term Senator, but Ohio is getting a lot redder. Might hold the seat, might not.
    Montana - Democrats have a better shot at holding this as long as they don't face a Trumpy nominee
    Arizona - real wildcard with Independent Kristyn Sinema, Democrat Ruben Gallego and Republican Kari Lake. This would be almost half a pickup if this goes from I to a more solid D
    Maryland - Larry Hogan's entry into the race means national Democrats now have to put money in a race that should be a solid Democrat 99% of the time. Don't think Hogan wins, but he's much more well known than whoever gets the Democratic nomination

Texas (Ted Cruz) and Florida (Rick Scott) might flip, but we're talking about states that are a lot more solid red.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Let's look at a few seats contested:

West Virginia - Joe Manchin retired. No way in hell Democrats hold this seat.
    Ohio - Sherrod Brown is a 3-term Senator, but Ohio is getting a lot redder. Might hold the seat, might not.
    Montana - Democrats have a better shot at holding this as long as they don't face a Trumpy nominee
    Arizona - real wildcard with Independent Kristyn Sinema, Democrat Ruben Gallego and Republican Kari Lake. This would be almost half a pickup if this goes from I to a more solid D
    Maryland - Larry Hogan's entry into the race means national Democrats now have to put money in a race that should be a solid Democrat 99% of the time. Don't think Hogan wins, but he's much more well known than whoever gets the Democratic nomination

Texas (Ted Cruz) and Florida (Rick Scott) might flip, but we're talking about states that are a lot more solid red.
    Not sure on the rest but Gallego leads in head to head over lake and leads by a bit when Sinema run as an independent. He is pretty well liked across the state. People got tired of Lake when and like most others were asked to pony up the proof of meddling and presented nothing. We even had the joke of an audit performed at our fairgrounds.

There is a 0% chance of Cruz or Scott losing.

Sophomore
    A few headlines currently on the Babylon Bee:

BREAKING: Ukraine To Lose Top Republican Senate Seat

Ronna McDaniel Hired As DNC Chair Due To Extensive Experience Defeating Republicans

Hunter Biden Jealous After Don Jr. Receives Envelope Of White Powder

Police Warn Women Not To Jog Within 2,000 Miles Of An Open Border

Biden Arrives At Border To Address His Voters

Ballot Drop Boxes Installed Along Border Wall

Man in Critical Condition After Hearing Slightly Different Viewpoint

*** So this last one is under premium content - can anyone tell me if they're referring to Ville or X-Band?
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 03-01-2024 at 09:07 AM.

Apparently Trump currently leads Biden (by a relatively significant margin) in Maine. Maine! That's pretty brutal for Biden, and if polls like this continue, I think it's inevitable that the Dems find a way to kick Biden to the curb at their convention.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Apparently Trump currently leads Biden (by a relatively significant margin) in Maine. Maine! That's pretty brutal for Biden, and if polls like this continue, I think it's inevitable that the Dems find a way to kick Biden to the curb at their convention.
    I think the chances of Biden winning the election in November are about the same as Xavier's chances of winning the NCAA Tournament this year. Not great. And the Democrats are so freakin' stupid.

The VAST majority of people don't want these two candidates, yet we ended up with these two candidates. That needs fixing.
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-01-2024 at 11:55 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Let's see how many kids we can kill.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Let's see how many kids we can kill.

Interesting that it only specifically says “public schools”. You would think all schools that receive federal funding including “charter schools” would also be under that umbrella wouldn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Interesting that it only specifically says “public schools”. You would think all schools that receive federal funding including “charter schools” would also be under that umbrella wouldn’t you?
    Probably so. Virginia requires all children to be vaccinate, in public or private schools.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    He’s talking about the Covid shots. But you know that…