Page 1458 of 2154 FirstFirst ... 458958135814081448145614571458145914601468150815581958 ... LastLast
Results 14,571 to 14,580 of 21538

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    No, the Conservative, common sense, traditional Pro American public is starting to realize it's NOT Pro Trump. Most voters should want a SERIOUS respectable Candidate that can be USA 1ST and build on Trump policies.
    ^^^This^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Funny that all the recent posters defending trump saying they wouldn't vote for him. Progress.
    Peter denied knowing Jesus three times, but he later repented.

Don't worry, they will all be back in the fold when it counts....

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Peter denied knowing Jesus three times, but he later repented.

Don't worry, they will all be back in the fold when it counts....
    Lou, you and your stripe have to understand that Trump is POLITICALLY TOXIC. He really has no appealing qualities as a civil human being. If nominated in '24, it would be nothing but a "REVENGE" campaign.

Do you not realize that the simple vote AGAINST TRUMP, is WAY more powerful than supporting any lame ass Dem candidate?

I recommend that you and your like thinking friends, get onboard with hoping Trump cannot seek the 2024 nomination. Do y'all not see that he is THE ONLY candidate that the Dems have a chance to defeat?

If Trump really cared about "America First", he would read the political tea leaves and throw his support behind the next POTUS!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-06-2022 at 05:52 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

However, can anyone post some examples of how Trump/Republicans divided the American PEOPLE?
    It's always more about words with Trump than actions. He just could not help himself.

The framing of illegal migrants at the campaign launch.
    The travel ban.
    Shit hole countries.
    'Both sides' after Charlottesville.
    John McCain
    Looting starts shooting starts
    Stand by proud boys

I think the Democrats are very divisive. I think most people believe that, probably all of them here. I also think Biden is the best you're ever gonna get from a moderate standpoint on either side for a long time and it's not good. Look at the the 2020 primary. He got smoked in the first three races. The ultimate result is wide but man up until Super Tuesday it wasn't. Add up Liz Warren and Bernie and it's a blowout all the way. He won with the more moderate areas of the party in the South and Midwest. The Democratic strong holds want Bernie, you think he's less divisive? Are the GOP candidates getting more centrist?

Our entire political discourse is a false dichotomy. The pitchfork people want to take your torches! Let's get back to the days where everyone has a political preference, but it's secondary to their understanding that politicians suck and aren't to be trusted.

But when you talk about division caused by the men themselves, the main difference here is in the support. Is the amount of attack Trump gets more unusual than the amount of support he gets? I am genuinely interested in your answer to that question. I think both are highly unusual and they are additive to each other. I asked it before, who likes Biden? Who loves Biden? I don't know anybody who really think he's the cat's meow. There are a hell of a lot of people who love Trump. That kind of support for a politician is inherently divisive [snowflake, cry lib, etc. you see it here].

That said, the democratic brand of division is deep, wildly unpopular across the country, and is bigger than Biden. I personally believe it is a division he is beholden to and I think a lot of people hoped he would stand up to it, but he hasn't. You can also find another hell of a lot of people who think Biden is a conservative.
    Last edited by Caf; 09-06-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It's always more about words with Trump than actions. He just could not help himself.

The framing of illegal migrants at the campaign launch.
    The travel ban.
    Shit hole countries.
    'Both sides' after Charlottesville.
    John McCain
    Looting starts shooting starts
    Stand by proud boys

I think the Democrats are very divisive. I think most people believe that, probably all of them here. I also think Biden is the best you're ever gonna get from a moderate standpoint on either side for a long time and it's not good. Look at the the 2020 primary. He got smoked in the first three races. The ultimate result is wide but man up until Super Tuesday it wasn't. Add up Liz Warren and Bernie and it's a blowout all the way. He won with the more moderate areas of the party in the South and Midwest. The Democratic strong holds want Bernie, you think he's less divisive? Are the GOP candidates getting more centrist?

Our entire political discourse is a false dichotomy. The pitchfork people want to take your torches! Let's get back to the days where everyone has a political preference, but it's secondary to their understanding that politicians suck and aren't to be trusted.

But when you talk about division caused by the men themselves, the main difference here is in the support. Is the amount of attack Trump gets more unusual than the amount of support he gets? I am genuinely interested in your answer to that question. I think both are highly unusual and they are additive to each other. I asked it before, who likes Biden? Who loves Biden? I don't know anybody who really think he's the cat's meow. There are a hell of a lot of people who love Trump. That kind of support for a politician is inherently divisive [snowflake, cry lib, etc. you see it here].

That said, the democratic brand of division is deep, wildly unpopular across the country, and is bigger than Biden. I personally believe it is a division he is beholden to and I think a lot of people hoped he would stand up to it, but he hasn't. You can also find another hell of a lot of people who think Biden is a conservative.
    Ok,
    Here is where I am and where my common like minded friends are thinking. We all are hoping that polling with registered R voters will reveal that the Trump base wants a more appealing conservative candidate. If Trump would just step back and be KingMaker, it would be a LANDSLIDE.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-06-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Trump just scheduled a rally in Ohio during an Ohio State football game!! The man may have just totally redeemed himself!!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Trump just scheduled a rally in Ohio during an Ohio State football game!! The man may have just totally redeemed himself!!!!
    Huh? My son is a 3rd year student at OSU. There is no way Trump would get any significant student support there. Columbus is red hot with social division. A Trump appearance is just not timely or yield anything positive there.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Endorsed 100%.
    I don’t see the Leftists on this board ever trying to defend any of this. They only revert to dated and old “Orange Man Bad” trash.
    Yep,
    I only started posting on these political threads, to try and get a reasonable counter point of view. HOWEVER, none of our leftist friends want to post any detailed support of this insane progressive agenda. In fact, NOTHING!

I tapped out precise examples of progressive divisiveness. There will not be any response, let alone a detailed one.

Leftists simply do not want to debate. Political cowards.

Huh? My son is a 3rd year student at OSU. There is no way Trump would get any significant student support there. Columbus is red hot with social division. A Trump appearance is just not timely or yield anything positive there.
    I don’t like Ohio State, and it’s an event in Ohio that conflicts with…

Oh forget it. It was just a joke.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Yep,
    I only started posting on these political threads, to try and get a reasonable counter point of view. HOWEVER, none of our leftist friends want to post any detailed support of this insane progressive agenda. In fact, NOTHING!

I tapped out precise examples of progressive divisiveness. There will not be any response, let alone a detailed one.

Leftists simply do not want to debate. Political cowards.
    Just a suggestion but if you really want to have a conversation with a person who leans left, it may make sense to be a whole lot less derogatory, and notact like every person that leans left believes in every single extreme side of that aisle. What I mean is, not every democrat believes in every extreme progressive ideal like the ones you pointed out. Just like every conservative does not believe in every single right slanted extreme issue.

It doesn’t seem like having a conversation with someone on that side of the aisle is something you actually want to do, you just want to pick a fight with someone from that side. That’s something that our political figures on the extreme sides of the aisle like to do.
    Last edited by Xville; 09-06-2022 at 07:18 PM.