Page 628 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 12852857861862662762862963063867872811281628 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Anyone going to talk about the Russian bounties killing US Troops or more fake news?
    Fake news. Been confirmed that Trump was never told and the Intelligence Community has verified that they could not confirm the rumor.
    And yeah. Like the Taliban is gonna cooperate with a party that was their enemy and fought with them for 20 years.

Again, the left just keeps trying to come up with stuff to smear Trump, and nothing sticks. It just fades into the ether after the "bombshell" accusations.
    Examples:

-The US will have a nuclear war with North Korea. Never happened, in fact relations are a bit better than ever before
    -The Trump campaign colluded with Russia. Nope. False dossier, FBI bias and a 2 year Mueller investigation showed zero.
    -Michael Flynn. A total false case. Read the Stozyk notes.
    -Impeachment hearing. Total BS bias. And What of Hunter Biden collecting $80,000/month for nothing more than "influence"
    -Trump puts immigrant kids in cages!!- That program started under Obama, as did the entire policy.
    -Trump's a racist!!- First President, including and especially Obama, to initiate Criminal justice reform to stop the overjailing of Blacks.
    -The economy is fake!!- Still going strong
    -The Russians had a bounty! -False or at least unverified and Trump was never briefed.
    -Trump's SCOTUS nominee was a rapist in high school!!- One person's story. No corroboration, in fact, all of her supposed friends and family denied it happened. Zero confirmation and, in fact, the Ford's lawyers NEVER turned the requested Psychologist report notes to Congress.

Dispicable, but it won't stop. Meanwhile Sleepy Joe remains locked in the basement, except for "YOU AIN'T BLACK IF YOU DON"T VOTE FOR ME!!"
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Whoa now....Are you saying I shouldn't believe the senior senator from the great state of South Carolina?
    Oh, I don't know.
    How about the Junior Senator from South Carolina- Tim Scott- that put forth a comprehensive Police Reform Bill that was immediately cashiered by the Liberal Democrats...and that no one in the Main Stream Media could even give 2 seconds of coverage to?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

A more comprehensive plan was put forth by the House, which McConnell tabled.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Things like this give me hope for our country.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/polit...den/index.html
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They did more than that. They said he'd put black people back in chains. They mocked him for his binders of women comment when everyone knew he was actually trying to show that he was advocating for more women in important positions in the work place. They couldn't attack his character with real criticisms so they made shit up and it worked.
    Who's the snowflake now? This is everything that I'm sure you accuse 'the liberals' of all the time. Taking deep offense at a relatively minor slight that was done to a person that you don't even know. You are like a social justice warrior, but for Mitt Romney. You are a (presumably) grown ass man who seems to have his feelings hurt by what other people said about another grown ass man. You might even care more than Mitt Romney does about the things that were said about him.

Politics is a dirty game. If you want to sit there an act like the Republicans aren't doing the same things I don't know how to help you. Hell Barack Obama spent his whole Presidency dealing with the guy who is now President saying that he wasn't born in America, despite him having produced a birth certificate.

That's not even getting into the shit that Trump said about his fellow Republicans during the primaries. Remember when he called Ted Cruz' wife ugly and implied that his father may have had something to do with the JFK assassination? Remember when he repeatedly mocked Jeb Bush? Remember when he called Carly Fiorina ugly? That's not even shit that Democrats did, that's your boy Trump attacking his own party.

But, by all means continue to be offended about what Democrats said about Romney 8 years ago.

Disclaimer: I like Mitt Romney and voted for him.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Who's the snowflake now? This is everything that I'm sure you accuse 'the liberals' of all the time. Taking deep offense at a relatively minor slight that was done to a person that you don't even know. You are like a social justice warrior, but for Mitt Romney. You are a (presumably) grown ass man who seems to have his feelings hurt by what other people said about another grown ass man. You might even care more than Mitt Romney does about the things that were said about him.

Politics is a dirty game. If you want to sit there an act like the Republicans aren't doing the same things I don't know how to help you. Hell Barack Obama spent his whole Presidency dealing with the guy who is now President saying that he wasn't born in America, despite him having produced a birth certificate.

That's not even getting into the shit that Trump said about his fellow Republicans during the primaries. Remember when he called Ted Cruz' wife ugly and implied that his father may have had something to do with the JFK assassination? Remember when he repeatedly mocked Jeb Bush? Remember when he called Carly Fiorina ugly? That's not even shit that Democrats did, that's your boy Trump attacking his own party.

But, by all means continue to be offended about what Democrats said about Romney 8 years ago.

Disclaimer: I like Mitt Romney and voted for him.
    That wasn't my point dummy. My point is that you/Democrats can't wish for the days of "nice" Republicans like Romney when he was demonized as a racist and womanizer when Republicans did nominate him. You either give a guy a fair shot or you get someone who doesn't play nice like Trump.

I understand the concept of going negative on a campaign, both sides do it in general elections and primaries. Just don't wish for the old days when Trump beat you at your own game in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    That wasn't my point dummy. My point is that you/Democrats can't wish for the days of "nice" Republicans like Romney when he was demonized as a racist and womanizer when Republicans did nominate him. You either give a guy a fair shot or you get someone who doesn't play nice like Trump.

I understand the concept of going negative on a campaign, both sides do it in general elections and primaries. Just don't wish for the old days when Trump beat you at your own game in 2016.
    So, once again, I'm not a Democrat. Never have been. I understand how difficult that must be for you to comprehend, but I am an independent. I make my decisions based on the individual candidates and platforms, which is why my voting record is all over the board. I know that many of you seem to feel the need to build your candidate of choice in to some type of false idol that you worship that the expense of virtually any possible value you could ever hold. Remember when Republicans cared about the budget deficit? I still do - which is incidentally a big part of why I voted for Romney over Obama in 2012.

My opinion is that you are actually sort of right about Trump beating the Democrats at their own game, but not for the reasons you outline. Trump was the first Republican to abandon fiscal conservatism of any kind and simply promise people that if he was their new Daddy that he would take care of all of their problems. He wrapped that in the time honored tradition of blaming people that look different than you, and created a potent cocktail that riled up enough blue collar workers in the Rust Belt for him to win.

Finally, if you think what Trump did TO HIS OWN PARTY (forget about to Hillary - let's just talk primaries) was on the same level as the criticism that Romney faced in 2012 then I think you are being willfully ignorant in some sort of attempt to justify your support for this complete idiot as President.
    Eat Donuts!

Finally, if you think what Trump did TO HIS OWN PARTY (forget about to Hillary - let's just talk primaries) was on the same level as the criticism that Romney faced in 2012 then I think you are being willfully ignorant in some sort of attempt to justify your support for this complete idiot as President.
    Romney faced nowhere near the attacks that Trump's opponents did during the primaries. No argument there...he was absolutely ruthless and said things on the stage that were absolutely cringe worthy.

You seem to value some level of civility and party solidarity during election build ups. I have to ask:

Did you vote for Hillary? What are your thoughts on what she and the DNC pulled on HER OWN PARTY in the build up to the convention? You know, the whole colluding and rigging a primary thing.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

He wrapped that in the time honored tradition of blaming people that look different than you, and created a potent cocktail that riled up enough blue collar workers in the Rust Belt for him to win.
    Here we go again with the racial politics crap. Trump wants American citizens to have good jobs. American citizens of all colors. That's why, before the pandemic, Black unemployment was at an all time low. All the conservatives and Republicans I know have no problem with "LEGAL" immigration, or people "who don't like us". So, stop that nonsense.

I'm a conservative before I am a Republican so most of the time I vote Republican. I'm staunchly pro-life, pro 2nd amendment, and I believe in school choice. I want a smaller government too, and for our government to stay out of our lives for the most part (which the Repubs have been pretty poor in regards to). If a candidate is pro-choice or anti 2nd amendment, I won't be voting for them, period. That's why I've never voted for a Democrat in my life, and probably never will. Even if there was a Dem candidate that was, which would never happen today, because they would be chased out of the party, I wouldn't vote for them because of their party platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Romney faced nowhere near the attacks that Trump's opponents did during the primaries. No argument there...he was absolutely ruthless and said things on the stage that were absolutely cringe worthy.

You seem to value some level of civility and party solidarity during election build ups. I have to ask:

Did you vote for Hillary? What are your thoughts on what she and the DNC pulled on HER OWN PARTY in the build up to the convention? You know, the whole colluding and rigging a primary thing.
    I'm not the one who started going down the faux outrage road - that was Juice with his impassioned defense of Mitt Romney. I think he may even have dropped his monocle. I said that politics is a dirty game (it is) and that what Trump said about his own party is worse than what Democrats said about Romney.

As far as whether I voted for Clinton, I did. Reluctantly. The thing is that you won't find me extolling her virtues around here or defending her in any context other than as a better alternative to Trump, which in my opinion nearly everybody is. She was a poor candidate and it took a lot for me to vote for her. I had already mostly decided to vote Republican in 2016 for a few key reasons: (1) I thought that government spending had gotten out of control under Obama and that we needed some fiscal conservatism to reign that in, and (2) I was tired of 8 years of Obama promising to fix everyone's problems. Trump was probably the only candidate I wouldn't have voted for, including Ted Cruz who I find incredibly irksome.

The problem with Trump for me was/is (1) overall competence in leading an organization the size of the United States, (2) he is in no way a fiscal conservative and has, in fact, continued to increase the deficit even before COVID, and (3) he basically ran on saying he was going to fix everyone's problems - he just said it to a different group of people than Obama did.

I understand why people voted for Trump. I really have a hard time understanding the mentality that leads to still supporting him at this point.
    Eat Donuts!