Page 1127 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 127627102710771117112511261127112811291137117712271627 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,270 of 21038

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I did not leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me.
    It looks like Rs in WY feel the same way about her. Guess we’ll find out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Lie? I don't she's a proponent of Climate Alarmism or masking....:)

I don't think it's because she's not bought into whatever you want to call it. Likely has to do with being so vocal in opposition to sentiments of 70+M voters and the base.
    If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. I think it seems pretty clear that she is being removed from leadership for speaking out against Trump. It is totally bizarre that a former President (and a poor one at that) holds that much sway. Parties are supposed to be about ideas and principles, not devotion to individuals. That's a cult, not a political party. This isn't Italy or Brazil, it's America.

I would imagine that Ms. Cheney's perspective is that those voters are being misled by her party. Just because people have been convinced of something, doesn't make it true or right. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Liz Cheney, she took a principled stand knowing that it was almost certain political suicide. If more politicians (on both sides) were willing to do that, I think we would have a much more functional government.

Essentially her party was hijacked by a demagogue, and literally everyone except for like 10 total people in government fell right in line with anything he said - no matter how crazy and un-tethered from reality. You either believe Trump is telling the truth, or you don't. If you don't believe Trump is telling the truth, then Liz Cheney's major offense is refusing to fall in line behind a clear lie.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. I think it seems pretty clear that she is being removed from leadership for speaking out against Trump. It is totally bizarre that a former President (and a poor one at that) holds that much sway. Parties are supposed to be about ideas and principles, not devotion to individuals. That's a cult, not a political party. This isn't Italy or Brazil, it's America.

I would imagine that Ms. Cheney's perspective is that those voters are being misled by her party. Just because people have been convinced of something, doesn't make it true or right. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Liz Cheney, she took a principled stand knowing that it was almost certain political suicide. If more politicians (on both sides) were willing to do that, I think we would have a much more functional government.

Essentially her party was hijacked by a demagogue, and literally everyone except for like 10 total people in government fell right in line with anything he said - no matter how crazy and un-tethered from reality. You either believe Trump is telling the truth, or you don't. If you don't believe Trump is telling the truth, then Liz Cheney's major offense is refusing to fall in line behind a clear lie.
    Did it ever occur to you that Trump voters did so because they agreed with his policies. I highly doubt he was winning people over with his genial personality.

Did it ever occur to you that Trump voters did so because they agreed with his policies. I highly doubt he was winning people over with his genial personality.
    Cheney voted with Trump on his policy issues more that the Rep. from NY that is primed to replace her. So I don't think it was policy. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbre...h=532c344632e1

Anyone who thinks it was anything other than daring to disagree with Trump is simply being intellectually dishonest.
    Last edited by chico; 05-12-2021 at 01:20 PM.

A “poor president” who
    -Controlled the borders
    -Had a fantastic economic story for all, including POC’s, until the China Virus
    -Didn’t start a war
    -Negotiated the Abraham Accords
    -Destroyed Isis
    -Had no inflation issues
    -Created Operation Warp Speed that created a vaccine for the China Virus in record time when the media said it was impossible.

Yeah. That’s some “Poor President”.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I don't support your propagandtastic label and I don't think Liz Cheney should be in leadership for a host of reasons.
    [QUOTE=Masterofreality;703949]Isn’t it hilarious how the Cheney family (Dick) has been vilified for years by the Dems and now his daughter is being held up as some statue of virtue.
    [/QUOTE

Simple question, do you still support the "Big Lie" or not. Yes or No.
    2023 Sweet 16

[QUOTE=bobbiemcgee;703960]
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Isn’t it hilarious how the Cheney family (Dick) has been vilified for years by the Dems and now his daughter is being held up as some statue of virtue.
    [/QUOTE

Simple question, do you still support the "Big Lie" or not. Yes or No.
    You mean Biden’s BIG lie of building back better?

You know what I mean. Do you still believe trump's claim he won the election as his titanic sinks and the band plays on?
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    You know what I mean. Do you still believe trump's claim he won the election as his titanic sinks and the band plays on?
    Address what your President is NOT doing. History is History and over. Trump is gone. Stop your TDS and focus on this current dumpster fire

Yay or Nay? Ps on the abraham : "it looks like Jared Kushner brought peace to the Middle East in exactly the same way that his father-in-law won the last election."
    2023 Sweet 16