Page 815 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 31571576580581381481581681782586591513151815 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,150 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Either you are one of those crazy people who believe in science, or you stayed at Holiday Inn.
    Now when you're really smart, you move on to a Holiday Inn Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post

[/B]Finally, why is it that no one advocates for Biden based on the virtues of Biden? It's all about the how bad Trump is. That speaks volumes.
    It does. It speaks volumes pretty much all the way around. If pretty much anyone else, and I mean ANYONE else, other than Trump were running as the Republican nominee, they would almost undoubtedly not only win the presidency, but probably go for the sweep. Again.

As it turns out, the Dems are looking like they'll win the presidency, and possibly even go for the sweep themselves. Their only platform? They are not Donald Trump. That's it! That's all they've got! And crazily enough, that may be all they need!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Brew, I don't think from reading your posts that you are one that stays in an echo chamber.
    But, the Democrats do have a platform, and Biden is constantly talking about these issues on the campaign trail; from health care to the environment, to the current pandemic.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

When I listen to Trump campaigning, it seems like a laundry lists of grievances about how he is being mistreated, conspiracy theories, and attacking reasonable ideas like masks...while providing rallies with no social distancing. And the Republicans really have no platform for 2020, as they noted:
    RESOLVED, That the2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;
    https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs...tform_2020.pdf
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Brew, I don't think from reading your posts that you are one that stays in an echo chamber.
    But, the Democrats do have a platform, and Biden is constantly talking about these issues on the campaign trail; from health care to the environment, to the current pandemic.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

When I listen to Trump campaigning, it seems like a laundry lists of grievances about how he is being mistreated, conspiracy theories, and attacking reasonable ideas like masks...while providing rallies with no social distancing. And the Republicans really have no platform for 2020, as they noted:

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs...tform_2020.pdf
    Thanks for sharing. Trump is mind-bogglingly awful, but to your point the Dems are doing more than just claiming to not be Trump. But, simply not being Trump is probably going to take them pretty far with or without the rest of the platform.

"The only way I can lose is if this election is rigged!" The guy really has no idea how badly he sucks.

Yes, the Dems are trying to rig the election by getting more people to vote for Biden! IT'S ALL A SCAM!!

The Dems could still blow it, though. I don't think there is anything that they are incapable of screwing up.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-19-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

trump called Dr. Fauci an idiot today after he pointed out mushroom dick hosted a superspreader event. I assume many here agree. His xray doc sez don't need to wear a mask. Twitter took it down.(false and misleading information that could cause great harm)
    Meanwhile, trump leaves the idiot Fauci's out of context quote in his ad.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 10-19-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Grifters gonna grift. Have no idea how these cities collect. Guess they'd have to waste money suing for what they're owed.

There’s also the not-so-little matter of the $80,000 the Trump campaign still owes the city from a 2016 rally, Romero noted. In addition, the estimated cost of “public safety response services” for Monday’s rally is $50,000, she wrote.
    Trump’s campaign owes 14 cities across the nation some $1.82 million in unpaid bills for MAGA rallies stretching back to 2016, according to a report earlier this year from the nonprofit news operation Center for Public Integrity and NBC.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Grifters gonna grift. Have no idea how these cities collect. Guess they'd have to waste money suing for what they're owed.
    Maybe Hunter Biden could loan DJT the cash.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Maybe Hunter Biden could loan DJT the cash.
    Or trump could write them a check from his chinese bank account.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 10-21-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Note: at one point there was probably a better chance than not that Rudy Giuliani would become President of the United States.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Note: at one point there was probably a better chance than not that Rudy Giuliani would become President of the United States.
    A steady diet of scotch combined with being technologically illiterate is not the best combination for success.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack