Page 495 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3954454854934944954964975055455959951495 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GenerationX View Post
    Again, you may not agree with his policies or think they are doable. He’s been very honest about the fact that it won’t be easy (“Not me, us”), but his policies have become much more mainstream and popular since his first run. And the status quo is definitely not working. I’m not naive enough to think his policies would be implemented immediately or even at all in some cases, but he is moving the needle. People who believe in his policies know that they’ll never happen if you go in conceding that they’re impossible, though. If enough people support them and put pressure on the politicians, I believe he can have some success.
    You can say it, again, but this is not me disagreeing with his political views. I am also not accusing him of having lofty goals. I am accusing him of lying about how he would get it done and the implications of doing so. There is no scenario in a single economic study where his policies are not disastrous to the deficit and economic growth, none. He has economists on staff whose central philosophy is that the only limitation to deficits, on a nominal and time basis, should be inflation. Why? Because he needs to get people comfortable with insurmountable mountains of debt. Issuing debt and handing out the proceeds is easy. It's about the only thing the government has been successful in doing in half a century. The impacts, a Japanese style stagnant economy where the Fed ends up owning businesses, another radically polarizing President who pisses off half of the population, is difficult.

Ultimately though you prove my point with this line: "People who believe in his policies know that they’ll never happen if you go in conceding that they’re impossible, though." Yes, if you get enough people to desire his outcomes they will happen. The ramifications will be a mystery to those people though because he has never gone near explaining them.

Well, now we have Bolton saying POTUS lied. Quelle surprise.
    2023 Sweet 16

I normally surf on evening news shows, but it’s interesting most are talking more about Bolton vs Trump’s defense teams statements. Curious why this didn’t come out before since NSC had almost a month to review and leak Bolton’s book (rhetorical)?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Well, now we have Bolton saying POTUS lied. Quelle surprise.
    #letssellsomebooks
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I normally surf on evening news shows, but it’s interesting most are talking more about Bolton vs Trump’s defense teams statements. Curious why this didn’t come out before since NSC had almost a month to review and leak Bolton’s book (rhetorical)?
    The timing does seem suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    The timing does seem suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Bolton cares about two things, regime change and John Bolton. So the timing seems pretty on brand for him.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

The President’s defense team has been shredding this “case” brought by the Clown Shiff Show.
    They have absolutely refuted every single BS allegation that these partisan hacks brought up. The ridiculous way that this trash was rushed through the House, and not even done in line with the Constitution, is coming home to roost. Based upon the latest aggregate Poll numbers, Trump has his highest approval rating since his Inauguration.
    Thanks for guaranteeing a Trump Landslide in November Schifflosi!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

And now Schiff is just embarrassing himself. He's trying to "Schiff(t) the responsibility that his Chamber is called for to perform in the Constitution to the Senate. They abjectly failed at their responsibility to perform, because they were so afraid of where the real evidence would be if they called ALL witnesses from both sides, and they weren't willing to go through the proper Due Process procedure through the court system, because it wouldn't meet their little self-imposed tinetable. If they had, would have ruined their case from jump and then they couldn't make any political points. Too bad Schifty. The Senate is not an investigative body, you and Nasty Nancy's chamber is, and you did a half ass job. It's not the Senate's job to clean up your crap.
    Get the hell out of here, Schiff. Senators, get this ridiculous process off the calendar, and let's move on to things that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The President’s defense team has been shredding this “case” brought by the Clown Shiff Show.
    They have absolutely refuted every single BS allegation that these partisan hacks brought up. The ridiculous way that this trash was rushed through the House, and not even done in line with the Constitution, is coming home to roost. Based upon the latest aggregate Poll numbers, Trump has his highest approval rating since his Inauguration.
    Thanks for guaranteeing a Trump Landslide in November Schifflosi!!!
    Showing them videos of themselves from the Clinton proceedings, defending along the exact same position as this current defense team, was priceless.

But I can't decide if those in the aggregate were more priceless than just the one of Nadler, masquerading as the Hindenburg.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Showing them videos of themselves from the Clinton proceedings, defending along the exact same position as this current defense team, was priceless.

But I can't decide if those in the aggregate were more priceless than just the one of Nadler, masquerading as the Hindenburg.
    Yeah, wow. He looked like he pulled up to the Helium pump.

By the way. Want Fairness and Balance? Do yourself a favor and watch the hour long presentation by Alan Dershowitz last night that is available on You Tube. Dersh voted for Clinton, defended Bill Clinton, does not agree with too many of the policies of Trump, but he totally ripped apart the "House Managers" case for impeachment.

What a sham.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 01-28-2020 at 03:13 PM.